Roll-back the changes made by Smush?

Good day. After using Smush on my client's site they complained that the images now take up too much space on their server. Upon inspection of the uploads folder, I saw resized versions of every image. Is there a quick way to roll-back the changes made by Smush? If not, can I manually delete all the resized image versions without breaking the images on the front-end?

• Luís

Hi Eugeine ,

Hope you're doing well today!

WP Smush don't creates any "resized version" of the images, it only can optimize them. Those "resized versions" are created by WordPress | the theme you are using | another plugin, to serve a specific thumbnail size, instead of the full sized image.

WP Smush only have an option that can create additional images, called "Make a copy of my original images", that save your original full-size images, so you can restore them at any point.

You can remove or stop WordPress for creating these "resized versions", I think this article may interest you:

http://www.templatemonster.com/blog/fighting-duplicate-images-wordpress/

However, I would like to suggest to make a backup of your entire site before make this, just to stay in the safe side.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.