Rollback with snapshot

I am trying to restore a backup, but the restore is failing and also it messes the entire site, giving a lot of errors. I need to re-upload fresh WordPress core files to fix the issue.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Matteo,

This needs further troubleshooting, and I’m bringing this into our Second Level Support(SLS) teams attention, so that they could give a better idea what’s causing the issue within Snapshot causing issue with restore.

Please do note that SLS works in many critical issue, and hence have a slow response time. Will keep you posted once we have extensively tested this asap.

Regards,

Nithin

• Matteo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Nithin,

Thanks, i’ll wait to see.

If it helps, the host the site is on not always plays nice with wpmudev plugins, for example, i have to always specify in the wp-config.php

define(‘FS_METHOD’, ‘direct’:wink:;

because if not some strange ftp requests apper on top of my sites when i install hummingbird.

So maybe it’s related to something like this..i do not know

Thanks

Matteo

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Matteo ,

I cannot seem to find the backup mentioned in your chats with my colleague so I can help you out, maybe you removed it? Is there any other that you still have so I can help you?

As for needing the “define(‘FS_METHOD’, ‘direct’:wink:;” that means that there’s something wrong with the permissions on your file system and you’re enabling WordPress to write to files directly via PHP instead. This might as well result on not being able to make a correct restoration if all the files where not able to be extracted properly on the system due to incorrect permissions.

Regards,

Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.