root directory filling with txt files

our wordpress root directory is filling daily with a bunch of text files, see the attached screenshots of the files and inside one example file. the web host says it is the plugins or theme cuasing the files to be created. can you help with what might be causing these files to be created?

• Rupok

Hi zimrock,

This is really weird and should not happen. Generally no plugin or theme add files in the root directory. Plugins and themes have their own directory to write files. Some plugins modify ".htaccess" or "wp-config.php" file in extreme scenario, but it's a rare scenario. And I've not seen any plugin adding this type of files in the root directory before.

I believe your site is safe, but to make sure, can you please install and activate our Defender security plugin on your site and run a full scan? It will check all your files and will warn you if any suspicious file is found.

After taking all security steps suggested by Defender, can you please download all those files to your computer by loggin in to your server with any FTP application like Filezilla and then delete all those suspicious files from your server? Then can you please do a plugin conflict test to find out which plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Can you please also try activating any default WordPress theme and check if this file generation stops? That will make sure that your currently active theme is not causing this.

Please let us know the result of your plugin conflict test, theme test and the result of Defender scan. Those will provide valuable insight regarding the issue. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.