RSS feed from site invalid to several browsers and feedburner

Hi, I have dealt with this in the past, and I think the core updates of WP solved it at one point. I cannot get an rss feed out of my sites. http://domain.com/feed/ generates errors. Many others are having the issue, too, I see in my google searches. The usual fix rss plugin does nothing to solve it.

I have seen some elaborate edits of the WP core files, and I tested a couple of a test site.

Does anyone know an easy fix? (Okay, even a difficult fix would be appreciated!)

Here is a sample site I am testing:

http://q.askstock.com/feed/

The error is that in chrome, firefox, safari it attempts a "download." Works on a windows explorer. Feedburner errors on it, and several others that I have recently updated in WP to 3.4.2. (Yes, there are posts that could be displayed in the RSS.)

I saw this: http://www.w3it.org/blog/wordpress-feed-error-output-solution-how-to/
Does anyone trust doing that? On another test site it took away the error but gave me an empty feed.

Please advise.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings johnpent,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I have indeed visited the site link above and found that the feed comes right up without any issues as shown in my screen shot below.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• johnpent
    • Flash Drive

It does not come up to feedburner, chrome, or safari. Chrome (mac or windows) attempts a download. Safari pops open thunderbird (which I have installed, but do not use). Right now it is working in Firefox on mac, Opera on mac, and IE on Windows.

The real issue: I cannot connect any updated install to feedburner, and that is an issue. There are many posts from the last 30 days all over that show that others have the same issue, yet they have not successfully found a work-around.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings johnpent,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.