RSS-syndication only import part of the feed

Hi,

I'm using the plugin feedwordpress to collect my posts from different sites on one main site.

I have tried using the feed for the category with my name and also the tag with my name. None of these import all the posts that exist within that category/tag.

Do you have any idea why this is? I'm not that in to rss feeds and how they work.

Or maybe you have another idea how i can get the post to my new site?

Grateful for your support!

Sincerely,
Marcus Törnell

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Generally RSS feeds do not share the full content of the post.in the feed, they only provide an excerpt. If this is the case with the feed you're using there is no way to import the rest of the post and you would have to provide a link to the full article.

Check the actual RSS feed to see if the full content is provided, or if they are only providing an excerpt.

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

In which case it sounds like an issue with the plugin, perhaps it is limiting the maximum number of posts you can import. You'd have to take this up with the plugin developer as it's not one of our plugins.

As far as alternatives are concerned, have you looked at our Autoblog plugin? It's designed to import information from an RSS and create posts from it.... and it's very good.... and we can offer better support for it :slight_smile:

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

WordPress has a fixed method for outputting RSS. If you'reimporting from WordPress Autoblogger should have no difficulties. Can you link me to the RSS feed you're trying to import and I'll see if there's anything that could be interrupting the import?

I'm not aware of an easy way to edit the default format of the RSS feed. You can edit the posts of course, but the feed format is pretty standardised.

If the import is stopping halfway, that suggests that the Autoblogger thinks the post it has reached already exists, and therefore stops importing because it assumes the rest of the feed is already imported. Is this the case with your feeds?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.