RSVP additional fields - Drop down box not an option?

I have a test site that I am working on and trying to use the Events+ plugin. I like the look and feel of this plugin and the fact that it has add-ons to enhance it. One that I was particularly interested in was 'Additional Fields.' However it only seems to allow Text Box and Checkbox. I really need to have drop-down boxes.

I'm building this for a local Chess group and I have about 50 schools to put in, so that they kids registering can identify the school and grade they are from, so they can be paired up. But I don't think that having 50 checkboxes is going to be the way to go. Can anyone help me?

• Patrick

Hi there @Joshua

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

As you have discovered, that feature is currently limited to checkboxes & text fields. But I agree, having the option to create select or multi-select dropdowns would be very handy in situations such as yours.

But I don't think that's as simple as adding a new field type to the array found in the plugin file that handles that: events-and-bookings/lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php :slight_smile:

So I've marked this as a feature request, have moved it to Features & Feedback forum and have notified the plugin developer of the suggestion.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.