Running into memory limit error after activating Q&A plugin

I've installed the Q&A plugin and can activate it and access settings, but when activated I run into a memory limit exceeded error on all of my pages and posts, as well as any dashboard pages that show pages or posts.

I've followed instructions on the site to increase the PHP memory limit, first tried 64M, then 128M, then 526M and then 1028M,but the error persists. At 1028M MySQL crashed.

As soon as I deactivate the plugin, everything returns to normal.

If I had to guess I would assume it's creating a loop and then crashing when it hits the limit, but I need to know how to solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Jason!

Welcome to WPMU Dev, and sorry you're having an issue with Q&A.

Just so we can get caught up to the same page, I have some questions.

1. Which method did you use to increase your memory? (php.ini? wp-config?)
    2. Are you currently using a translation plugin?
    3. Have you done any conflict troubleshooting to see if Q&A is misbehaving because of a conflict with your theme or another plugin?

I'm not able to replicate this on my own site, and I'm not seeing similar reports from other members, so I'm thinking there's something we can adjust on your site to make Q&A work for you.

Thanks for your question!

• Jason

Thanks Michelle,

1. I tried both methods with the same results. I could tell that it was working because the error message would reflect the increased memory alotment.
    2. No translation plugins.
    3.This helped. By switching themes I was able to see that it was actually redirecting me to the Q&A Access denied page. Because I hadn't set up the page it was creating the redirect issue. If I logged out of my site and went to the q&a it seemed to work fine.

So apparently the issue was that I haven't given myself permission to access the q&a and that was shutting me out of the site.

Once I gave myself permission everything seemed to work fine.

Thanks for your help

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.