Rush this please? backing up users separate

Hi ,
could you please indicate the tables to backup separate. Want to restore, but keep the users I have gained since the last couple days. Is it users and users meta thats all?
Could I get a rush on this please? sorry, but if I get answer quick I can work all day, otherwise its wasted work if I restore...

Thank you,
lss

• Tyler Postle

Hey OD,

Just been testing this out to make sure we get this right the first time for ya.

You are restoring the primary site right? Use the "Restore selected database tables" option and make sure you leave the wp_users and wp_usermeta unchecked as you mentioned in your original post. Then you should be fine. I tested by doing a snapshot then adding a couple users and restoring, the couple users I added were still there after the restore.

Don't use the "restore all database tables" option, it says it excludes the user tables; however, I had an issue with that one, might just be my install but I'm letting the developer know in-case :slight_smile:

**even though this worked fine for me, make sure you do another backup beforehand just to be on the safe side.

Happy working! :slight_smile: let us know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey OD,

For the restore? I would make copies of your current ones first just in-case; however, long as no notable changes have happened to those files since you did the snapshot then yes it should be okay to include them in the restore. In most cases there is no need to include them though as your multisites current ones will work :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions just let us know!

All the best,
    Tyler