Sadly a lot of bugs in Membership

I found a lot of bugs in the Membershipplugin.

1) When I use a 100% Coupon with the PopUp Subscriptionsite, then the Coupon automatically redeem and the subscription will be added. Afterwords (First Screenshot) the Grey Dim-Effect does not go away automatically and you first have to refresh the site to see your subscription.

2) If you get a subscription due to an 100% Coupon, the Gateway for this sub will be set to admin.

3) Any Subscription will be dropped instantly if i try to cancel a subscription with has been applied by an admin (Gateway admin).

4) If I register a new account with the Register-Page of the Membership-Plugin, and afterwords purchase a subscription i can Upgrade it?
Exact Example: I've got 3 VIP Subscription Plans on my Website (1 Week VIP, 4 Weeks VIP, 6 Month VIP). All of them are connected with the same Access Level (VIP Member).
When I purchase the 1 Week Subscription via PayPal, i will be able to "Upgrade" my Subscription to another one (Second Screenshot).
When I now click Upgrade (for example) on the 6 Month Subscription. And the Problem is, I'll get instantly the new Subscription for 6 Month with no extra fees.

Hope you guys can help me a little :slight_smile:

Greets, Kevin St.

• Vaughan

Hi @Kevin St.,

Thanks for your feedback.

#1 I confirm this on my test site too.

#2 This is because a 100% subscription is basicly Free & doesn't go to paypal. I think this has always been the way it worked.

#3 Any subscriptions using the admin gateway are manual subscriptions, these will always be dropped instantly. Paypal subscription I believe will continue until the subscription expires, but will not continue/be renewed, if I understand you correctly.

#4 I believe the current subscription will continue until it's expiry date, then the new 6 month subscription will continue afterwards and payment will be taken once the previous subscription expires.

Let me just ask the developer about those tho, just for clarification.

I will mark #1 as a definite bug though.

Hope this helps

• Ash

Hello @Kevin St.

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you please let me know you get the same issues if you register via page (not popup)?

1) When I use a 100% Coupon with the PopUp Subscriptionsite, then the Coupon automatically redeem and the subscription will be added. Afterwords (First Screenshot) the Grey Dim-Effect does not go away automatically and you first have to refresh the site to see your subscription.

Do you have any other plugin installed? Would you please check this with deactivating all other plugins and enabling the default WP 2012 theme? I just want to make sure that it is not a conflict in your system.

2) If you get a subscription due to an 100% Coupon, the Gateway for this sub will be set to admin.

I think this is usual behavior. As when 100% coupon the user is not using any gateway actually. But he should be able to change the gateway when he will update.

3) Any Subscription will be dropped instantly if i try to cancel a subscription with has been applied by an admin (Gateway admin).

Sorry, would you please explain this a little more?

#4. The coupon you created, is it for all subscription or any specific one?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Kevin St.

Thank you for your answer @Vaughan

The problem which I see on #3 is this:

If I as an admin, add manually a private Subscription for example to an Account.
    When this Person Hits the cancel Button the Subscription will ne instandly dropped. So why does it not due until the original expiere date?
    I do not see any positive aspects in this Feature if my Users can 'delete' their Subs buy just hitting a Button.

• Kevin St.

@Ashok Thanks for your anwer.

First of all @Vaughan #4 No it doesn't When. Im using the PayPal Single Payments Gateway. The Account just receive the new Subscription with a longer time for no extra fees.

For @Ashok

1) No, its just happening with the PopUp Feature.

2) Okay no Problem.

3) I'll try to explain this a little bit better.
    I as an admin wanna add a Subscription for example a private one to a user Account
    I've done this now (Screenshot 1).
    The user now got this Subscription (Screenshot 2).
    Everything is fine.
    But: The user now has the possibility to cancel the subscription. (Blue Button)
    If he hits this button his subscription will instantly dropped from his account (Screenshot 3) and does not last until the expiredate.
    The same scenario could happen when the user used a 100% coupon to get his or any other subscription, and this would be terrible.
    It's only happening when the Gateway is set to admin.

Hope this was a little bit better to understand :slight_smile:

For your last Question @Ashok it's a Coupon for any Subscription. Tried it now with a specific one and it's the same.

Greets, Kevin St.

• Jonathan

Hey @Kevin St.,

#1 With the popover form - you need to make sure that in your Options > Membership Pages that you have either:

a) a registration completed page set

OR

b) something entered in the registration completed message field

If both of these settings are not set then Membership doesn't know what to do after registration is completed.

#3 I see what you're talking about and just created an update to fix this. So basically what will happen is the following. If someone enters a 100% coupon they'll still be added to the admin gateway. Now, if that member then goes and clicks the "unsubscribe" button they'll have access until the expiry period. BUT if you as an admin go in and drop a member's subscription they'll be dropped instantly.

Be on the lookout for an update in your wp-admin later today. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.