sales, percentages and coupon improvements for MarketPress

- Sale Price: does this field take an amount or a percentage? (I guess it is an amount)

- would it make sense to be able to enter a % in the sale price field too?

- how about being able to tie the sales price to a date range after which it simply gets reset? useful for winter sales for example

- how about being able to create coupons for certain categories, i.e. a 10% discount on all products in my ladies underwear category?

- how about the ability to mark coupons so they only work on the normal price not on the sales price and vice versa?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Ovidiu,

The Sale price is an amount and not a percentage. You can always calculate the amount and enter it there.

The features looks good, but am not sure how many people would want to use them. I like the one where coupons are valid only for a specific cat (and nice example btw :smiley:

Lets get some votes from other users.

Best!

• cybernamix
    • Flash Drive

- how about being able to tie the sales price to a date range after which it simply gets reset? useful for winter sales for example.

This should be a standard feature of coupons - most store owners want the option to autokill a coupon after a time period

• tinymachine
    • Flash Drive

Another +1 for

- how about being able to tie the sales price to a date range after which it simply gets reset? useful for winter sales for example

I have a client who wants to give 10% off each seminar up until 3 weeks before the date of the seminar (he also sells books and DVDs which is why we chose MarketPress). A coupon that expires is for the whole cart. A sale price in each "product/seminar" has to be manually removed, even though we already KNOW the expiration date of the sale price.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.