Sales tax on subscription

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way of the membership plugin calculating sales tax (in the uk it is 20%). All my clients membership subscriptions are tax inclusive so I could add the sales tax on to the subscription price but because the plugin only allows me to enter the price in whole pounds this would not be accurate. eg Member yearly subscription is £59 exc vat so should be £70.80 inc vat (I would have to round this up to £71).

Many thanks,

Alan

• al
    • New Recruit

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the response. Do you know any way of setting the price in pounds & pence in that case - my client will have trouble understanding that the subscription price is a dropdown rather than a text field?

Will there be any way of doing this in future?

thanks again

Al

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@al,

trouble understanding that the subscription price is a dropdown rather than a text field?

Sorry to but in - what version you using? The latest version 2.1 (released awhile ago) allows you to enter the amount via text field, so £70.80 won't be an issue.

And in case you don't know you can choose your currency via the edit options panel.

Hope that steers you in the right direction.

• al
    • New Recruit

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I am using Membership Premium v 2.0.7. I have installed this on 2 separate sites and the subscription price field in both installations is a dropdown field with values ranging from 1 to 300. If i upgrade to 2.1 will this be replaced by a text field?

Thanks again

Al

• Jonathan

Firstly, if you're using version 2.0.7, that means you haven't updated to WordPress 3.2.1 which is a big update. And version 2.1 of membership plugin only works with wordpress 3.2 and above - so you have to consider that.

But to answer your question - yes you will get text fields instead of the dropdown box. Also, you will see that all functionality has been turned into plugins (gateways, table repair, etc etc) so you will go to edit plugins tab and activate the functionality that you want. This makes the plugin extremely lightweight, in the sense that only what you use is processed.

It also has some fixes and stuff.

But too update or not depends on you and why you haven't updated to the latest wordpress yet?

Hope that helps a bit.

• Jonathan

@Al,

Great stuff.

Sidenote: I learnt something. I was under the impression that version 2.0.7 wasn't compatible with wordpress 3.2 branch. They changed the min requirement of php, which triggers a few errors. Guess you are one of the lucky ones :wink: No issues with upgrade - lol.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the new membership version 2.1....

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.