Same URL for all posts on the FRONT PAGE!!

Hello guys! URGENT, my network theme is putting the same permalinks to all posts on the FRONT PAGE even if the posts themselves have their unique permalink. It´s putting the permalink of the last post on all front page links to the posts!!!!! URGENT please

The Theme is NETWORK

You can see the problem at http://linkedbees.com/

donmcint

• Donald McIntyre
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tammie, disabled all plugins, cleared cache, but have version 1.5 and I see you have a 1.5.2 version. But if I update I will lose all my chages that I did to all "buddypress" texts on all PHP files. How do I use the Child them...shal I copy the whole theme to the child theme and then update the parent theme??

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

It's a little hard to say what if anything will be overwritten as don't know what you changed. However, don't panic just back up your old copy then update should work you can always add in other changes.

I can't comment on upgrading as don't know your situation but updating WordPress is always recommended.

Here is a tutorial on child and parent themes.

http://buddydress.com/2010/05/parent-and-child-themes-explored/

Just as a note it's not needed you email contact also when update a post we all have feeds and our own subscriptions. I do understand you may be facing a deadline and this is urgent but your email may just get lost so better we keep to the forum. We aim to respond to all posts as per our support times outlined.

• Donald McIntyre
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Tammie! I changed all PHP files that had text before the `buddypress´ word. So if in any PHP file of the theme there was ( 'Blogs', 'buddypress' ) I changed it to ( 'Sites', 'buddypress' ) . I changed all over the theme EVERYWHERE the words

friend > contact
    friends > contacts
    blog > site
    blogs > sites
    frienship > contact or in contact
    groups > business groups
    community > Bee Hive

And many many more, they are all changes on the parent... so I guess I have to copy the whole theme files to the child theme...

donmcint

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I would strongly suggest you use the mo / po file system as this avoids core file changes. You can edit those using poedit or a similar language file editing software. You should always be able to update your theme as we will release crucial updates along with version of BuddyPress and WordPress.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.