Same Web Property ID is tracked Twice

Using A/B theme Testing plugin, and the datas are sent to Google Analytics twice. The error states the following:

Same Web Property ID is tracked Twice

Have Google Tag Manager configured manually, and Google Analytics configured Google Analytics plugin, would like to know what would be the correct configuration to correct this issue.

• Orianne
    • New Recruit

Hello James,

We managed to fix the issue of double Analytics data sent. But we are still having an issue : the custom segment didn’t appear in our GA, so we can’t see the behaviour for each version.

We tried to craft an other solution but the data doesn’t seem clean.

I granted you the support access via WordPress wpmudev dashboard. Any help would be really appreciate.

Many thanks,

Orianne

• Orianne
    • New Recruit

Hello,

So, if I understood correctly, the A/B Theme Testing plugin is suppose to create a custom segment in our Analytics, allowing us to compare both version. (rf. screenshot)

Our issue now is that this segment never showed up in our GA. (rf screenshot)

We installed GA with Google Tag Manager. We didn't change anything out of that snippet :

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
    <script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
    new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
    j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
    'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
    })(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-53327FS');</script>
    <!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

I hope these information helps. Thank you for your support.

• Orianne
    • New Recruit

Hi James,

I wish to keep GTM as we are tracking a lot of things with it… Including what should be performing better between our version A/B.

I think we gonna try an other plugin for now. Many thanks for your help though.

Kind regards,

Orianne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.