Sandbox Questions

Ok- I am trying to set my account up like Etsy- I received info from the developer in the middle of the night:

I need to know where/how do I get the sandbox

Application ID
Api username
Api Password
Signature

I did get one for my real paypal account, do I use those codes to test or is it something different?
PayPal doesn't have anyone in the office today to help with sandbox. Grrr....I have been working on this PayPal for 2 days!!!

I need to move on to the next step. Please help. I know you have so many people to help. I truly appreciate all of your help.

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey militarymama,

I am confused here. You asked a direct question:

I need to know where/how do I get the sandbox

Application ID
    Api username
    Api Password
    Signature

I thought you wanted to know where you can create a Sandbox account. My bad.

Let me get this straight.

- Head over to https://developer.paypal.com/ and create your Sandbox account and Login.
    - Create a preconfigured account. Make sure you are seller. See the Step 2 screenshot.
    - Go to the "Test Accounts" section. Choose the account and Login to it. Step3
    - Now follow the same steps as you did in your real paypal account and there you are :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck!

• militarymama

Arun,

I am sorry, no wonder you were confused. I sent the wrong attachemnt.

OK we have that step done, now we are trying to register to submit your application with PayPal? Please explain step by step how to do this or give screen shots. Do I have to contact PayPal? Please look at the marketpress.png so you can understand what I am talking about

Grrr...I have been working on this for 2 days.

Thank you for telling me you follow-up on the threads :0)

Rhonda

• Dean Kaus

Hello @militarymama Let me see if I can help here.
    I need to clarify a couple of things first. From what I understand is that you already have applied and received your PayPal Sandbox Credentials.

I'm assuming that you are using the marketpress plugin (as noted above about the marketpress.png)

Once you have your sandbox credentials. (I highly suggest that you copy and past these and save them in a notepad file. I would also keep your real or Live credentials in this type of file as well and it's very important to know which ones are for Live mode and which ones are for Sandbox mode)

Once you have all of this just follow the following steps and you should be up and running in no time.

From your dashboard on the left side you should see Products
    Click on Products and then you should see Store Settings Appear a few lines down.

Click on Store Settings and that will open a new window on the right.

Once there look along the top for the tab marked Payments

In the first (General Settings Box) select PayPal Express Checkout

Then in the Next Section labeled PayPal Express Checkout Settings the first selection is
    PayPal Site select your country here. Next is
    PayPal Currency make proper selection here. Next is
    PayPal Mode This is the section where you decide between LIVE and SANDBOX Mode

LIVE mode is exactly that. It will place your store in live mode and access your real PayPal account.
    SANDBOX mode let's you play around and test your site with a play account, no real transactions are made in this mode.

Very important to use the proper credentials with the mode you have selected. I personally cut and paste the codes I received from PayPal as it's way too easy to miss something here. (NOTE! If you don't have your credentials yet just click on the blue instructions link and it will take you step by step on what is needed.)

Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom and SAVE CHANGES

Don't worry about the rest of the fields until you get things working the way you like. You can always come back and customize these later if you like.

This should work properly and if you have any problems you more than likely have the SANDBOX Mode set and have the credentials for LIVE entered or vice versa.

Hopefully this will solve all of your questions and get you on your way.

Good luck and thanks to your family for serving our country.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.