sandbox site trouble, it won't give access to dashboard

Hi suddenly my sandbox site won't access the admin dashboard and gives a timeout. Only thing I can think of is that something have updated auto, cause last time i logged in i had no problems.
2 questions. 1. Can you login via support access and see if something basic has changed?
2. In case i choose to copy my current live site which is running perfect, and make a new sandbox site, will all the members from membership pro then follow, and be "live" on the sandbox version too? I would like them not to be, cause that could cause trouble with notifications on the different membership subscriptions and so on. Please advise cheers.
Jan

• Nastia

Hello Jan!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue.

In order to login to your site using support access you have to enable it from your dashboard. In your situation for now this is not an option.

Please deactivate all your plugins using FTP, or your host’s file manager. Navigate to the /wp-content/ folder. You will see a folder called plugins. Rename the plugins folder to anything that you like. In our example, we will call it “plugins.deactivate”. Once you do this, all of your plugins will be deactivated.

If the issue was with your plugins, you should be able login to your /wp-admin/. Once you do that, go back to your /wp-content/ directory and rename “plugins.deactivate” back to plugins. Now you can activate one plugin at a time until your site breaks again. At which point, you will know exactly which plugin caused the issue.

2. In case i choose to copy my current live site which is running perfect, and make a new sandbox site, will all the members from membership pro then follow, and be "live" on the sandbox version too?

Before copying your original site to sandbox mode, please switch in payment options your gateways from live to sandbox.

You can stop Membership from sending notification emails to members by putting the following code in to wp-config.php file:
    define( "MS_STOP_EMAILS", true );

You can lock subscription status too, so the memberships will never expire:
    define( "MS_LOCK_SUBSCRIPTIONS", true );

Using these small tricks will help you to test your site on sandbox installation without email notifications & not charging your members.

Let us know how it went once you run a check for conflict with a plugin!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.