Sat in Plugin in chat for 30 minutes and never got help. Waited and waited.

Perhaps when people have 100 questions, you can take one at a time, instead of let people monolpolize the support session. Also, the chat system you guys use stinks. You can't scroll up and read what has been said before because the damn window keeps scrolling back down. Also, when you close the chat there is no way to go back and read the information shared from the closed chat. What a waste of information. This feature of your site can and should be fixed.

• phillcoxon

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. While the chat system is not perfect it's still pretty good. I'm pretty sure I heard mention that a new version is in the works which may address some of the issues you mentioned.

Did you ask your question in the chat? Due to the nature of chat rooms it's always better to throw your question into the middle of another conversation so they staff know that someone else is needing help. Otherwise their time does tend to get monopolized by the loudest voices.

So if you're in chat, speak up :slight_smile: If your question gets missed the first time ask again a minute or so later.

The staff are awesome and do their best to distribute their time between members.

In the meantime, if you would like to post your questions in the forum there may be members / staff who can help you here.

• aecnu

Greetings Thomas and phillcoxon,

@phillcoxon Well said and thank you for that. I run chats myself in there and that is indeed the way it is done. But I believe that private chats are not going to happen unless one wants to pay my $80 an hour consultation fee :slight_smile: and I get it all the time.

@Thomas thank you for your feedback - acknowledged and noted.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• Thomas

Well, this was about your plugin. Ultimate Facebook. Joe, perhaps you are worth $80.00 per hour on a server management side. My point is that your people are not the problem. Your chat application is a mosh pit at times, not to mention the history is lost when the chat closes. Perhaps questions could be submitted one at a time in a queue? Oh, and the damn thing scrolls down every time you want to see the history. WTF? WPMUDEV could get so much more mileage out of the chat history if it was archived for search results and addressed some basic feature issues.

• aecnu

Greetings Thomas,

Thank you for the feedback once again.

Your chat application is a mosh pit at times, not to mention the history is lost when the chat closes.

Your point is very valid and I agree that it gets kind of crazy in there at times making it hard to manage for the host as well.

Perhaps questions could be submitted one at a time in a queue?

I am totally with you here and this alone might relieve the pressure of being overcome with questions as happened to me in that very chat as you mentioned.

Oh, and the damn thing scrolls down every time you want to see the history.

And to add to that also the question. It drives me nuts doing this. If a person asks a question and a couple of other folks answer including the attending staff member, then one tries to go back to the question, the chat interface more often then not will scroll us down before you get to even complete looking over the question in the first place.

WPMUDEV could get so much more mileage out of the chat history if it was archived for search results and addressed some basic feature issues.

They are indeed archived but where I personally do not know nor how to access them.

I have decided to alert my direct inline supervisor @Mason about these issues because they are indeed affecting all who attend and can be annoying if not down right flustering.

Thanks again for bringing these items to light and I look forward to some of the issues if not all to be addressed so they are not driving us crazy.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.