Save custom post types and delete CustomPress

Hello im using CustomPress to create some custom post types.
Is there a way that i can then delete the plugin but keep the post types? (can the post types be exported and then added to the theme directory?

• Rupok

Hi Huzaifah,

Is there a way that i can then delete the plugin but keep the post types?

I just tested on my test site and I'm afraid, you can't keep custom post types created with CustomPress when you deactivate/delete the plugin. For keeping custom post types in your site, you will have to write custom code to create your own custom post types. To know how you can do that, you can check this guide: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-custom-post-types-in-wordpress/

Now if you follow this guide, you will know what code you will have to write to create custom post type and then if you want to transfer this custom post type to another site, just copy the code and paste it in your target site. After this, your new site will also have the same custom post types.

can the post types be exported and then added to the theme directory?

I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure about your requirement. Do you want to export the whole post types? Suppose you have custom post type called "movies" and you want to export/import that whole post type to another site so your target site also has a post type called "movie"? I'm afraid, you can't export "post types", you will have to find the code which has created custom post types on your current site and copy/paste the same code on your target site to make that site have exact custom post types. But if you want to export/import custom *posts* from that custom post type, you can easily do that. This article will describe you how you can export/import custom post type *posts* from one site to another: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-exportimport-custom-post-types-in-wordpress/

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.