saving Ultimate FB config possibley fails

Clicking on "Save changes to this section" button in any section of the settings page does not generate acknowledgment that the saving is complete. It just shows FB's moving 3 bars continuously.

If I interrupt this by reloading page, it shows that the settings I entered but I am not sure if FB API is using these settings. E.g. I do not see updates on my FB timeline.

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

My site is 1sttalk.com. You can login there via your FB credentials? If you need it I can create an admin account for you.

Thanks.

• Alexander

Hi @Sezen,

Could you check the Facebook error logs and let me know if there is anything there? This can be found on the "Error logs" page under the "Facebook" menu.

It could be that you don't see updates right away because there is nothing new. When you update your settings, those settings only apply to future content. For example, if you save your settings so your posts will be sent to Facebook, this will only work for posts created after you enabled this setting.

Best regards,

• Sezen

I have the following error which I cannot make sense. It also shows time in future. I am in EST, Facebook HQ is in PST. The time is in somewhere in Atlantic ocean! THe server's and WP time settings are OK.

January 13, 2014 9:47 AM Unknown get_feed_for exception Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.
    January 13, 2014 10:47 AM Unknown get_feed_for exception Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.
    January 13, 2014 11:47 AM Unknown get_feed_for exception Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.
    January 13, 2014 12:47 PM Unknown get_feed_for exception Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.
    January 13, 2014 1:47 PM Unknown get_feed_for exception Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.
    January 13, 2014 2:47 PM Unknown get_feed_for exception Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.
    January 13, 2014 4:47 PM Unknown get_feed_for exception Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.

• Vladislav

Hello,

There could be something going wrong with the saving, the page should reload on successful save. When you open your plugin settings page, can you please have a look into your javascript console (Firebug/Inspector) and see if there are any javascript errors there?

Also, as for the issues in the plugin's error log, can you please check the "Permissions & Tokens" section in your plugin settings, and try refreshing your user access token?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.