sbe emails: different layouts in differents mail clients

hi, we use sbe to deliver weekly summaries and shortly we added ultimate branding plugin on our website. We deleted header pic & footer content in sbe layout as these are generated by ultimate branding now. The emails now look different: The headline and content should start on same height right to the thumb.
Apples MacMail and Thunderbird show the mails wrong layouted, Gmail client does read it correct. see screenshots please.

I am happy anyone could help, its maybe only a small issue..
thx, Rob

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Rob,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Thing with this is that email clients like Mac Mail and Thunderbird have their own HTML rendering and in most cases they will render it differently from the browser email clients.

You can read some explanation and suggestions here that might help you with adjust your HTML code to get it looking good on all email clients:
    https://litmus.com/help/email-clients/rendering-engines/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rob
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag,
    happy to read you... hope you are fine too.
    The thing is, it was fine before I decided to add ultimate branding plugin - that actually wrappes the content of sbe.. if I deactivate ultimate branding - its fine in all clients again. So I understand your concern but assume, others may have this issue as well and it might be a smal thing to adjust in the plugin behavior.
    I want to go as much as possible on standard layout for update reasons, therefor I did not change the layout beside colors and slight css things - moreover its still out of the box.
    Do you think it can be fixed?
    thx, Rob

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Rob,

That's understandable as Ultimate Branding email templates add quite a few CSS styling to your emails and that's read differently by email clients.

I believe that adjusting padding in this line of code should help you with getting the content in right place:
    <td class="email_content" data-builder="333" style="font-family: Open Sans; sans-serif; color: #333; padding: 5px 20px;">
    Try setting the padding to something like "5px 0px" and see if that does the trick.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.