sbe font size adjustment

how to change the font sizes for the email that sbe sends?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Matt

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

First thing you'd need to do would be to "override" the default template. To do this, access the site via FTP or cPanel ("File Manager" tool there) and copy all the files from

/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-by-email/inc/mail-templates/views/

folder to the

/wp-content/themes/YOUR_CURRENT_THEME_FOLDER/subscribe-by-email/

folder.

This way, you will be able to overwrite the HTML structure of those e-mails. Next step will be to add some CSS and you would do that by editing the "post.php" file (in that moved template).

For post title, find this code

<a style="font-weight: 500; font-size: 21px;line-height: 30px; margin-top:25px; margin-bottom: 10px;" href="<?php sbe_mail_template_the_permalink(); ?>" target="_blank">
    			<?php the_title(); ?>
    		</a>

The "font-size:21px;" sets font size for the title so adjust 21px value to your needs.

For post text size, find this code

<div style="margin:1em 0;font-size: 13px;color:#000 !important;line-height: 23px;">
    		<?php if ( sbe_mail_template_send_full_post() ): ?>
    			<?php sbe_mail_template_the_content(); ?>
    		<?php else: ?>
    			<?php @the_excerpt(); ?>
    		<?php endif; ?>
    	</div>

and in the first line of it, the font-size is currently set to 13px so adjust that one to your needs as well.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Matt
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Adam Czajczyk Excellent thank you, I have changed the title size! A couple of questions:

My site is a multi-site, so these changes affect any subsite which uses the same theme correct?
    Any way to make my changes sitewide?
    Any way to make different fonts sizes on the same theme but on different sites?

Thanks again!

Matt

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matt,

SBE will pull the template from the active theme, so I'm afraid that you can't have different templates on different subsites by using only one theme.

What you can do, is create a child theme for the subsites where you want different fonts and then place the templates in those child themes that will be active on respective subsites.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.