SBE - mail delivery interrupts page request, shows email on website

I am testing SBE in a Windows a development environment. I've configured a template and set the delivery to the weekly frequency. The emails are being sent and delivered (mostly).

It seems that SBE sends the emails when a page request is made to the website. For example, if I configure a weekly summary of posts to be sent by SBE on Monday at 2am, when the website receives a page view after that time, it will send the first batch of emails. The next batch of emails is sent 20 minutes later -- the first page view after 2:20am.

The problem: when the page view request triggers the SBE plugin to send an email, the visitor sees the SBE email ***instead of*** the web page!

I tried enabling output buffering by adding the following code to the top of functions.php, and wp-config.php:
ob_start();

But this didn't fix the problem.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Thank you,
Ben

Rupok

Hi benhamil

Hope you had a wonderful day.

The next batch of emails is sent 20 minutes later -- the first page view after 2:20am

Well, this is happening by default. SBE sends mail batches in every 20 minutes. Please check the attached screenshot for reference. So I don't think the page view request triggers the SBE plugin to send an email.

Can you try configuring it to send emails immediately after a new post is published? Please let us know the result.

the visitor sees the SBE email ***instead of*** the web page!

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, but as it's on your local environment, I'm afraid, I'm not sure why this is happening. Can you try it in any live server so we can have a look, make some tests and try to resolve the issue?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok