Schedule E-newsletters to be sent on a specific date and time

Hello I've been using E-Newsletter for several months now and I love it and get great compliments from my clients.

Problem is I'd like to set it up to send on a certain date and time (similar to aweber etc...) Since I can't afford Aweber and prefer to use the features of the e-newsletter, is there a way to specify and/or schedule which letters and what date and time they will be sent? I know that you can set up cron jobs somehow, but would like it to be all in one place so I don't over look and or miss sending out a newsletter on time as I did last week.

As always I look forward to any and all help and ideas here!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks @timothy @cole please consider this a gentle arm twist. It would really help me as well as others out as well. This way I can put together enough newsletters an know that theyd be sent out while I go through yet another surgery.

Thanks

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Dean,

Scheduling and segmentation should be much easier in the upcoming release. Sorry this feature isn't currently being utilized but it made the list of to-dos and should be packaged and ready for testing soon.

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

No problem,

I realize its probably a bit deceptive at the moment. The cron jobs are really just an alternate method of sending at the same time not at a future date. But since cron_jobs have been initialized already, adding in a time and day made it easier to implement true cron jobs.

I'll Check back soon.

Cole

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@cole I'm totally lost about the cron method. I had set up an e-newsletter that I thought would have been sent out by now, ,but it's still hasn't been sent out.

Not sure how the cron thing works i have in enables in the settings, then hourly is set (not sure if that sends everything hourly or not, very confusing) limit is blank.

So does this set up the cron email send automatically or did I miss something.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

On another note I hope to have a few new clients who will be using the e-newsletter feature but have even less knowledge than I do about cron jobs etc... So the easier the better to set up scheduled newsletters.

For example a church group has volunteers that will come in once a month and make weekly e-newsletters that would be emailed out on each Monday or Tuesday of the week. So if they create 4 newsletters they would need to be able to schedule the date or (day of the week) that they get sent out on.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello Everyone. I wanted to follow up with @cole to see how things are coming along. I'm hoping to have the ability to schedule e-newsletters soon as I will be having a surgery on Dec. 11th and not sure how long I may be out of commission. I am writing all of the needed e-newsletters in advance and it would be nice to be able to schedule when they are sent similar to how aweber does.

Hope to hear some good news soon.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @Cole Just following up on this to see if you are getting anywhere with the scheduling of e-newsletters.

Also (I think I may have already posted in another thread) was checking up to see about the feature we had discussed about seeing which news letters we being opened by which members.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.