SCHEDULED AUTOMATE is not working

Last week I've configured Automate to run updates for all sites between 7 - 8 AM on Mondays, but so far nothing happened.  It's 10:23 here now. My account time zone is configured  according to Europe/Amsterdam.

• Dominique
    • Recruit

Actually it appears Automate ran on some sites, I guess about 15% of the total.

I supplied WordPress- and FTP-details to the agent, and those were for one of the sites where Automate did run. How can I safely supply login details for one of the sites where Automate failed?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Dominique,

I hope you are well today. I'll be following up with your chat.

Checking your Automate logs, the sites that are showing 1 update available all have this in their log:

Update WordPress core error: autoupdates_disabled - Automatic core updates are disabled via define or filter.

This indicates that Core Updates have not been enabled for those sites. Plugin updates are successful though.

Please ensure that you have enabled Core Updates in your Hub. See screenshot:

There are currently 3 sites that have >1 updates available. Looking at the dates, it's showing those sites should have been updated on Monday but were not. I'm not seeing anything in the logs for those that would indicate why they have not updated.

Can you please double-check your settings for the following domains:

- s*********advocaten.nl
    - n******jver.nl
    - c***art.nl

If you are certain these have been properly set up in the Hub, but are still not working, you can send login details securely through our contact form.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dominique
    • Recruit

Hi James,

Settings for Automate seem right for the mentioned sites. They should've ran yesterday between 7-8 AM.

On some sites the automatic core updates where disabled, but I fixed this last week already. :wink: But all sites have updated automatically to WordPress 4.9.4 already, this ticket is about Automate not running updates for plugins (and themes).

I will supply you with credentials for all sites where Automate didn't run.

• Dominique
    • Recruit

This morning Automate ran for every site with updates available. So it looks like the changes on your side have made a real difference. Next scheduled run is on monday, I will update my sheet the coming time to really check if these problems are gone.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.