Scheduled Snapshosts missing

I have set scheduled snapshots, but on the dashboard I'm only able to see the latest one, however under snapshots folder in FTP, I can see all of them.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi emilio_gagliardi,

This is an odd behaviour, and I could notice that the snapshots are intact, and got created in the server side in your system, but not listing in the dashboard side.

I have enabled debug mode in your system for now, and have created a new test Snapshot backup(Snapshot WPMU TEST) to run daily, to check whether it would log any related errors, when debug log is enabled. We'll have to wait until the schedule snapshot for the next day gets triggered.

I'm also bringing this into our developers attention, to check what else could be causing. Will keep you updated once we have troubleshooted this further.

Is it okay, if I we disable all the plugins in your system temporarily, except WPMU DEV Dashboard, and Snapshot, and see how the snapshot listed in the plugin side behaves too? Since it's a live site, I haven't tested that out yet, please do let me know. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• emilio_gagliardi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you for investigating this issue. Unfortunately, this is a production website and I cannot just deactivate any plugins during normal business hours. I was planning to do some late night testing with Hummingbird (because it was acting up as well) so I will see if I can check the Snapshot dashboard.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi emilio_gagliardi,

Seems like you have deleted the test snapshots called "Snapshot WPMU TEST" in your system, when I check now? And could notice you have disabled debug mode too.

Is it working fine in your system? By default Snapshot created, under Snapshot > Snapshots page, will only list the latest snapshot, rest of the older backup created should be visible when you try to restore the snapshot, as shown in the screenshot.

At the moment, I only see 2 snapshots inside the server, and those are getting listed when I click the restore as shown above. looks like it's working fine now?

If you still have issue, please do advise, if I'm still missing anything specific. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• emilio_gagliardi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there,
    Sorry, I thought perhaps if I deactivated and deleted plugin then re-installed it might help. I didn't think about your test archive when did that.
    I'm not clear what your comment means. As far as I can tell, the Snapshot is running daily, but I can only see the latest one in the dashboard. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work, but in other websites I've built with it, if I created a Snapshot to keep 5 copies, then all 5 were visible in the dashboard.
    So as far as I can tell, the plugin isn't working correctly on this domain. Perhaps I misunderstood your comment and you can explain it in a different way?
    Thank you kindly,

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi emilio_gagliardi,

. As far as I can tell, the Snapshot is running daily, but I can only see the latest one in the dashboard. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work, but in other websites I've built with it, if I created a Snapshot to keep 5 copies, then all 5 were visible in the dashboard.

Yes, that's how daily Snapshot is listed under Snapshot > Snapshots page. All the 5 copies won't be visible for daily snapshots, only the latest snapshot will be visible in the dashboard, the rest of the older zip copies are visible once you click the "Restore" link as shared in the above screenshot, when you can select which snapshot backup you want to restore from.

Only Managed Backups created will list 5 zip backup copies etc in the dashboard side, under Snapshot > Managed Backups. When it comes to Snapshots zip archives, the behaviour what you are seeing is how the plugin works.

I hope it's clear now. Please let me know if you have any further query.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.