Scholar installation problems

Hi,

I have installed the Scholar theme and am trying to get it looking correct before I switch it for my old site:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/transferring-to-new-theme-without-removing-current-site#post-314318

I have now managed to install the theme and preview it using the theme preview plugin, however the menus and the main page don't seem to be working -- I have got as far as understanding that the menus don't work with the built in 'menus' part of wordpress, but I don't know why the main page isn't working.

(Why don't the menus work with the theme? Wouldn't this mean non-techies like me could avoid messing around with code?)

I have removed a couple of lines from the header.php file according to the advice on another thread (which I now can't find).

But when I try and add new links to the menu, it's not changing in response to the theme options and I don't know why!

I would be very grateful for any help...

With thanks,
Simon

• Brian Purkiss

This theme hasn't been updated in too long. It doesn't currently support the WordPress custom menus option. We're currently working on a huge revamp for all of our themes, and it will be included then. I do not know if there are any plans to make some incremental updates in the meantime.

You would need to modify the theme or use a child theme, modifying the header and functions.php file to include the code snippet that outputs custom menus.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.