Scholar Theme Slideshow

1) When there is an image in the post already, and the slideshow has grabbed it, how do I get the slideshow to "ungrab" that image.

Right now, what is happening is that I am going in and setting different graphics to be the "featured image" of the posts, and the new graphics are not appearing in the slideshow.

2) I selected a slideshow background color and text color here:
http://screencast.com/t/a0h95fC1
and those are not showing.

3) What is the best size for images in the slideshow?

The URL is: http://www.taoofyouth.atsis.com/

Cheers,
Dainis

• Mason

Hiya Dainis,

I believe the slideshow pulls the first image from the post, not the "featured image", same way the image thumbnails are pulled. If you change the first image, it will change the image in the slideshow.

As to the slideshow background options I'm not able to get the screenshot to load at the moment (don't know if it's my connection or the site) but you need to make sure that you have the default CSS selected for those customization options to work.

I know this theme is also being prepared for an update so it's possible it's something that needs to be addressed there as well. I'll ask the designer to take a look.

As to image sizes, it shouldn't matter as the image will be resized to fit the slideshow.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

• dainis

If you change the first image, it will change the image in the slideshow.

...and I'm gathering that because of that the image must be inserted into the post? ...i can work with that though using the featured image may be an idea for the update.

As to the slideshow background options I'm not able to get the screenshot to load at the moment (don't know if it's my connection or the site) but you need to make sure that you have the default CSS selected for those customization options to work.

--yeah, the screenshot is not loading for me either, and I can't seem to get a new one to work right now...I've attached it, but it's really just showing you that I really do have colors placed into the proper fields in the theme customization settings...and I do have the default.css selected.

So, is there a way for me to use these theme options now or do I have to wait for the upgrade...hmm...if I find the styles I guess I can modify them in style.css and that may give your designer a heads up while working on the upgrade.

Here's what I found:

<div style=&quot;height: 250px; width: 730px; display: block; background: url(&quot;http://www.taoofyouth.atsis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/May-and-Sam-300x186.jpg&quot;) no-repeat scroll center center transparent;&quot; class=&quot;featured-image attach-post-image&quot;></div>

What styles would I need to modify to change the settings in my screenshot?

As to image sizes, it shouldn't matter as the image will be resized to fit the slideshow.

The thing is, I'd like to be able to fill the slideshow content area, and I'm not sure if it's resizing willy-nilly, or what exactly...so...ideally, I would know what size image to use so that the slideshow shows the image at the proper width. I'll mess with image sizes, but I hope the slideshow doesn't take the image size percentage from the post...we'll see...

To explain: http://www.taoofyouth.atsis.com/ do you see how some of those images are not the full width of the slideshow? That's what I'm looking to be able to specify (or just upload the "right" image size so the slideshow behaves as desired).

Thanks very much for all of your help :slight_smile:

--Dainis

• dainis

Huh, also, I was just trying to change the image used in the slideshow, and the behavior I am noticing thus far is:

1) slideshow finds an image
    2) slideshow resizes
    3) you can't change the image slideshow uses

If you check out:
    http://www.taoofyouth.atsis.com/the-forgotten-hormone/

you'll see I have an image of some people laughing as the first thing in the post. Supposedly, that should mean that that particular image will be presented in the slideshow. Previously, I had selected a bottle of pills as the featured image, because slideshow hadn't chosen an image for that post...also, I just selected any ole image just to see the feature work.

Now that I am trying to find appropriate images for the posts in the slideshow, I'm noticing that I can't get slideshow to take the image I want it to take.

There's got to be

a) a quick workaround to "get" slideshow to take the image I'm asking it to
    b) a long-term solution

How do you suggest I "get" slideshow to take the first image in the post? Also, what if I need to change or resize the image?

Can you get me rockin with this slideshow?
    If this particular slideshow just kind of doesn't work, I'd be willing to swap in a different slideshow and troubleshoot it and make sure it rocks, is fast and convenient to use, etc. ...together with your developer...

You may have noticed that I tend to, well, "polish" things...make em nice and shiny and mega-awesome...

Best,
    Dainis

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.