score showing as 100% when marking is not complete

The marking team for the Mother supporter course are having issues. They are marking and asking for long open ended questions to be expanded on and further explanations given. They are not scoring as a pass but the course participants are receiving passes and being certified when they aren't. All questions are set at a 100% and the overall course also requests a 100% pass rate. Any ideas as to why these issues might be occurring?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Gavin

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Are all the questions set as mandatory and assesable? Would you mind granting support access to the site so we could check CoursePress/course configuration there?

To enable support access, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there, then let us know here after it's activated (and also let us know which exact course should we be checking).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Gavin

Hi Adam

All questions are set as assessible.

They are not set as 'required' or 'mandatory' as this meant that course participants could only start with unit 1 and move forward in a cronalogical order.... unit 1, unit 2, unit 3 and so on. It was blocking learners from moving freely around the course.

We want course participants to be able to complete any unit in any order they choose.

We are specific that learners require a 100% pass rate and MUST anser all questions.
    So I could set the questions as 'required' again but this would mean that all units were locked unless each one followed the other...

Unless there has been any update that enables free movement around the units and shows all questions as required.

Many thanks Hanna

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Hanna,

So I could set the questions as 'required' again but this would mean that all units were locked unless each one followed the other...

This is actually a bug we noticed just recently and it's already reported to our developers, so if you do set modules as required then previous Units need to be completed.

About your course setup, you have assessable modules and when your students go through them and answer them correctly they will have 100% as they did them all.
    However, since you have Long Answer modules in there as well, those should require you to grade them first before the student gets the certificate.

I see that you currently have some students that are certified and others that are not, so it seems that this part is working fine.
    Can you tell me which student answered all the questions and got the certificate without waiting for you/facilitator to grade their long answer so we can check it out?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Gavin

All questions are set as assessible.

They are not set as 'required' or 'mandatory' as this meant that course participants could only start with unit 1 and move forward in a cronalogical order.... unit 1, unit 2, unit 3 and so on. It was blocking learners from moving freely around the course.

We want course participants to be able to complete any unit in any order they choose.

We are specific that learners require a 100% pass rate and MUST anser all questions.

Unless there has been any update that enables free movement around the units and shows all questions as required.
    The course is the Mother Supporter Module. Although I will have the same issue with the Breastfeeding Support Training Foundation Module - fewer learners and none that have completed yet.
    Looking at the MSM check out Ashleigh Patterson Username: ashleighhummingbird as an example course participant. She shows as 95% and Certified yet a singificant number of her questions are yet to be marked as passed.

Many thanks Hanna

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Gavin

Thanks for response and for letting us know about the user. I think that if you can't, for some reason, find an example student that we could examine, maybe you could simply try to replicate the case by creating some "fake" account and going through the course giving responses in a way that would end-up with similar student status? That should be equally helpful :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.