screen is just black for CoursePress Dashboard

coursepress pro dashboard isn’t working. The dashboard along the top of the screen is just black. No words. I cant get into the dashboard or control panel. nothing is there

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Matt-

I am sorry to hear you are having technical difficulties with our CoursePress Pro Plugin.

Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there’s no need to share credentials. Here’s our detailed documentation page about it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Take Care,

Ken – WPMU DEV Support

• Matt
    • Flash Drive

I just granted support access following those steps. The dashboard is no longer black but a lot of my students have messaged me saying they’ve lost all their work since we updated to the newest version of CoursePress and MarketPress yesterday. Please help!

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Matt-

I do apologize for the inconvenience that the update has caused. I notice that some of your students have a percentage of the course complete. Did the update erase all student’s course progress? At this time, the only way to recover your students data would be to backup your site before the update. We do always recommend our members backup their site regularly with our Snaphot plugin or any form of backup you choose. This way, when making updates to wordpress or plugins, if something bad does happen you can always revert to your backup.

Let me know how I can help.

Take Care,

Ken – WPMU DEV Support

• Matt
    • Flash Drive

I understand, thank you Ken. We did make a backup of everything but restoring our backups would put us back to square 1 so to speak, as the backups included outdated versions of CoursePress and MarketPress. They also were throwing some errors on our site, which is why we updated everything, as instructed.

So what do you recommend? Should we restore the database from several days ago but keep all files as-is/up-to-date? How do we know this wouldn’t create further errors for users’ workbooks? Please advise as this is now a major, urgent issue.

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Matt-

If reverting back will restore your student’s progress that may be the best option. I am not sure what you mean by, back to square 1? If you are referring to other problems related to coursepress or marketpress. I think restoring the database would be a feasible option to try as well. It may very well be the only thing that you need to do, and it will prevent you from “going back to square 1.”

Let me know how I can help!

Take Care,

Ken – WPMU DEV Support wpmudev

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.