scribe pages empty when upfront editing is selected

I created all the base pages I need to be able to set up my nav correctly, all of which have a "default" template page chosen. When I use the front end of the site, I can see that there's content there -- for instance, on the contact page, there's a background image, contact form widget, and some text.

As soon as I go to the page and select "upfront", I get what you see in the attached screenshot. There's nothing visible to edit, and I can't drag new elements in. The page is completely static. I've tried logging out, clearing my cache, reloading the pages, etc. but it doesn't seem to be working.

• pookiemcnoodles

I can't figure out how to edit my initial post, so I'll put it here. Now all pages are showing the blank upfront edit screen, even ones I finished this morning.

Am also getting errors on custom sidebars which were not there before. I tried to install snapshot to make sure I was all properly backed up in case the problems continued to cascade, but it won't install (attached). Not sure why everything is falling apart, but it was working perfectly until an arbitrary point in time, before which I didn't change or add anything other than basic page content.

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Pookiemcnoodles,

Hope you're doing well today!

Can you grant support access so we can have a closer look?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Am also getting errors on custom sidebars which were not there before.

Upfront doesn't currently support our Custom Sidebars Pro plugin because Upfront's framework allows you to place widgets anywhere within the theme and instead of using "sidebars" it uses "Regions" which you can also place anywhere. Once we resolve the issue in your Upfront editor where you aren't seeing anything we can help further with the regions/widgets if you need it :slight_smile:

I tried to install snapshot to make sure I was all properly backed up in case the problems continued to cascade, but it won't install (attached).

That error looks likes like it's related to permissions, as it's not able to copy the file into the folder. Have you changed folder permissions at all recently?

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• pookiemcnoodles

1) Thanks! Access granted.

2) Hrm. When I was looking through widgets, it didn't give me a MailChimp option. When I looked up how to set it up, somewhere in the documentation, I read to put it in a custom sidebar. Maybe it will work once Upfront starts working again? I would love some help with regions! I didn't realize you could set them up to define column space.

3) I have not changed any folder permissions.

Thanks for your help!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Pookiemcnoodles,

Apologies for me delay! Would you mind re-granting support access? It expires after 72 hours for security. What plugin are you using for integrating Mailchimp?

We actually have a blog post on the Upfront regions you may be interested in: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-regions/

We have some other Upfront tutorials as well: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/upfront/

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Pooks,

Thanks for the additional info. Sorry I missed the access again :slight_frown:

I've been testing this out on my install and our Mailchimp plugin is working as expected for me, as seen in my screenshot. You can just use the Upfront "widget" element then select the Mailchimp option from there :slight_smile:

First we'll get Upfront working though. Sorry to ask, but can you re-grant access again? I'm setting a reminder for myself to make sure I check back on this ticket. Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.