Scribe Theme – Blog Styling

I have the scribe starter theme and would like to modify the way the blog page displays the post entries. For example, currently the read more link shows up as an arrow and I would like to change that particular graphic to something else or take it away completely. Where can I modify this element. I cannot seem to find the graphic element for it on the upfront editor and when I go to the upfront builder to look for the the blog template I cannot find it.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there Jesse

I hope you had a great weekend!

Yeah, that arrow is the background image attributed to the read-more link. There no WYSIWYG option to change that, but you can easily override it with a bit of custom CSS

For example, the following would replace that arrow with a fresh & funky "readmore" image:

div#page .upfront-output-region-container .upfront-output-module .default.uposts-object li .read_more a {background:url("//upfront.pcwriter.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/03/read-more.png") no-repeat transparent; height:88px; width:210px;}
    div#page .upfront-output-region-container .upfront-output-module .default.uposts-object li .read_more a:hover {background-position: inherit;}

You can add the CSS to either the Global CSS area in the Upfront editor, or any custom CSS plugin you may be using, like this one: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.