Scribe theme - Cannot pick image / Select background image

Hello

I am very new to Upfront and the Scribe theme. I would like to swap out the background image that comes with the Home Hero top section and swap it in for an image of our choice. I can see how to edit this background color and change the image, but when I select background type - Image and then try to pick the image, the editor freezes in a blurred view and doesn't ever open a dialogue box that lets me choose an image - or do anything else (see screen shot). If I refresh the page I can get back to the editor, but otherwise the whole process seems to get stuck there. I have tried this on Firefox and in Chrome with the same problem. Please could you advise what the problem might be?

Many thanks,
Amanda

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Amanda,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Are you using any caching plugin on your site (such as e.g. W3 Total Cache, WP Supercache or similar)? If so, please empty/clear all caches and disable the plugin. Also, please clear your browser's cache and then give it another try.

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

In case it didn't help, could you please grant me a support access to your site using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so I could take a closer look? To do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Amanda

Hello Adam

Thank you so much for your reply! I don't have any caching plugins, but I did refresh my browser. I also tried changing a different picture, which gave me some more insight - Basically the dialogue for changing the picture is at the bottom of the screen (I was expecting it to pop up on top of where I was working so I didn't see it). This would be fine, but unfortunately it is also largely covered by the left side of the screen (where the upfront editor panel is) - see screen shot. For some reason this is less of an effect when changing the background image, and more of a problem working on other images on the page. Is there any way to hide the panel or shift the dialgoue box over so it's easier to work with to edit images?

Thanks a lot,
    Amanda

• Amanda

Hello again Adam

Okay, another question - Now the changes I've made to the background (image + font colour) do not seem to "hold" when I leave the upfront editor. I'm posting two more screen shots - The one what the page looks like when I've made the changes - and saved them - inside Upfront, and the next the moment after I leave upfront. I have double checked this on Firefox and Chrome, and tried clearing my browser caches, but this does not seem to change the problem.

I have enabled support access in the hopes this helps you see what I could be doing wrong.

Many thanks,
    Amanda

• Milan

Hello Amanda,

I hope you have been well today and thanks for granting us support staff access.

I've took a look at your site and found that there is some javascript errors popping out during customization. I've attached screenshot for your confirmation. It can be due to other plugin conflicts. So here is test I recommended for you to figured out which plugin is causing this.
    Go to this link and scroll down a bit, you'll see nice flowchart which good visual explanation how to conduct that test.

Please do conduct plugin conflict test and let us know what you got with this test so we can move forward with some other workarounds. :slight_smile:

With Warmest Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.