Scribe Upfront Dropdown Menu Splits on Click

Thanks in advance...
When a link at any level is clicked on the top navigation menu, the menu "splits" into its dropdown levels and freezes in that state for a second or two - displaying a menu "broken" into its different parts.
The site is on a reliable, fast host, plenty of bandwidth and I'm viewing it on a new MacBook, all the usual up-to-date browsers, with a high speed cable connection. I have not seen this problem on any other sites...

- Steph

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Hope you're well?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. I just took a look at your site and didn't notice anything with the menu. could you possibly take a screenshot or 2 so I can better understand what's happening your side?

Thanks

• Stephan
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey, Guys -
    There's a very bad habit around here of quick initial response followed by....silence.
    Any ideas or suggestions or fixes?
    A quick yes or no reply let's me know the request was received :wink:

Thanks in advance,
    Stephan

• Stephan

Thanks for your help...but -
    No...it's worse now.
    1st, the styling for the nav menu is lost, and
    2nd, instead of all the menu sublevels 'expanding', the whole page turns blank (white) until the target page loads.
    Please see attached files for the Before and After states of the menu styling.
    Any other remedies?
    - Stephan

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure why theres a split on the menu, I can see it briefly for a fraction of a second on your site aswell as my own, I haven't really let it bother me on my own site though.

with regards to the nav menu styling change. This is because the nav menu has had a bug fixed and now includes some default styling, you should be ok to edit the menu styling again and style it again. I know it's an inconvenience though, but that's the only way I can think of changing it again to how it was before.

I'm going to flag the developer with regards to the menu dropdowns momentarily appearing when clicking the item. Hopefully he can figure out why this is happening.

Thanks

• Stephan

Hi, Vaughn;
    Thanks for the speedy reply :slight_smile:
    I wouldn't want my clients to see that menu splitting. It's just unacceptable.
    I also don't want to be wondering what fresh h*ll an update will cause.
    I hope the developer has both the skill and pride to fix these issues in the very near future.
    Thanks again,
    Stephan

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Stephan,

I know this is a ridiculously long delay in a reply. Apologies we never replied back on this before - we're cleaning up our internal task list in preparation to implement a more efficient system and I noticed this thread hadn't been replied back on.

I don't see the issue on my install and looks like your site is no longer live, are you still seeing this issue anywhere? If not, then you can ignore this :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Stephan

Thanks, Tyler!
    I'm glad you also think 8 months is ridiculously long :wink:

If I remember correctly, I solved the problem by moving the development to a faster CDN - and building a new site from the ground up.

In the meantime I built several new, simpler, sites using Upfront and the clients are happy.
    The only issue is it's hard to turn over an Upfront-developed site to the client for their own maintenance.

All the Best,
    Stephan

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Stephen,

We are hoping to solve the issue where you can easily turn over an upfront developed site to a client. We are hoping to release the Upfront Builder soon, this will allow you to create a site using upfront, and once completed, you will then be able to export your upfront as a child theme which can then be installed on any site as with any other child theme :slight_smile:

I don't have an ETA on the builder currently, but it's not going to be too long now.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.