Scribe Upfront Gravity Form: How do I use regular Gravity form w/o Upfront?

Hi,

So two things.
1). To edit a page with Upfront I always need to View Page and then go into upfront. When I just select upfront it always goes to the homepage. Is this how it is supposed to work?

2). I added the gravity form code to my Contact page. But it does not use that content. If I want a regular page with a Gravity form, how do I make that work? Do I select a different template? How do I get a page that I can edit w/o using UpFront?

Sorry about these newbie questions, but I'm not having an easy time trying to get this site up and running quickly and learn to use UpFront at the same time.
Larry

• Sajid

Hi Lary,

Hope you are doing good today

1). To edit a page with Upfront I always need to View Page and then go into upfront. When I just select upfront it always goes to the homepage. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Right now you have to go to that page directly and click on upfront button to edit that page. A colleague (@Ash) of mine shared a code to add edit with upfront button with page editor but I am unable to find that now. I have flagged him again and also sent him a direct message. Me or Ash will post a reply here and provide you that code.

2). I added the gravity form code to my Contact page. But it does not use that content. If I want a regular page with a Gravity form, how do I make that work? Do I select a different template? How do I get a page that I can edit w/o using UpFront?

You just need to select the "Default Template" from Template settings while creating a new page in WordPress editor. I added the code selected default page and it show the default content with regular page.

Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance

Cheers, Sajid

• Nastia

Hello @tishimself, I hope you are doing well today!

Sorry to hear you have that gravity form is not displaying.

I tested this on mu sandbox installation first, and can't recreate the same. After I tested the gravity form's short-code [gravityform id="1" title="true" description="true"] on your site and it's displaying. I inserted in in a Sample Page. Please check the attached screenshot. Have you used the same short -code or a different one?

Oddly, when I select preview it takes me to the poats page in the dashboard.

Would you please post here a screenshot, I'm not following what are your steps to recreate the same.

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• tishimself

Hi,
    Did you edit my sample page, because I'm not seeing my gravity form shortcode. You can see the gravity form shortcode in my Contact form where I can't view the form.

I think this is a WP bug, but when you edit a page, and click on preview change, you are taken to the listing of posts. I mention this only because I can't view my Contact page Gravity form anywhere. I only see the upfront form and content. (Which is also why I think SEO plugins will not becompatible....but i have yet to get that far in my testing)...

• Nastia

Hello @tishimself!

Did you edit my sample page, because I'm not seeing my gravity form shortcode. You can see the gravity form shortcode in my Contact form where I can't view the form.

There was no gravity form before. I run a quick test and added there a short-code and deleted it from there right away.

I think this is a WP bug, but when you edit a page, and click on preview change, you are taken to the listing of posts. I mention this only because I can't view my Contact page Gravity form anywhere. I only see the upfront form and content. (Which is also why I think SEO plugins will not becompatible....but i have yet to get that far in my testing)...

I visited the home page and I can see the gravity form you added there (please see the screenshot bellow).

If you can't see the form in your browser, please try another one or clear the cache and cookies. See here how to clear browser's cache.

I did a different test, navigated to Pages > All pages > Edit About page > Preview Changes, and the WordPress opened the same page.

Please tell me the name of the page you are editing, because I can't replicate this on your website. In case if you are editing a Blog page, it should take you to a page with the latest posts.

What SEO plugin you are using? On your website I see only security plugins.

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• tishimself

Hi, this thread is getting a bit complicated.

Yes, I did create a new region on my home page to try to test using Upfront with a Gravity form. But that is a separate topic about those difficulties.

This thread is only about my attempt to try to NOT use upfront with my Gravity form. Here I'm I've added a Gravity form short-code to the Contact page. You can see the short-code for my form on the Contact Page: [gravityform id="1" title="true" description="true"].

When editing this PAGE I click on Preview Change in the right sidebar under Publish I do not see the short-code form, even though the template is the default. Now the ODD thing is that when I Preview Change using my iPAD, I am taken to the edit POSTS section of my Dashboard.
    My issue is that I can't figure out how I can have my Contact page display the Gravity Form using the short-code.

Once I get some content, I would use the Yoast SEO plugin, which I would expect will be ignorant of upfront content. But I have not tested this,

For this this thread I just want to see my gravity form short-code displayed on my Contact page.

Larry

• Nastia

Hello Larry!

For this this thread I just want to see my gravity form short-code displayed on my Contact page.

I have added the Gravity form widget on the Contact Page, please see how, in the following video:
    https://monosnap.com/file/NncylhjGcioGkFroHGfZ6MjQ4ZreDk#

Adding a short-code in All Pages > Edit Contact page will not make any difference because the page originally was created using Upfront, therefore the changes in edit page will not be visible.
    The CAPTCHA is not working, please register for new keys with an active account and replace the old ones.

Once I get some content, I would use the Yoast SEO plugin, which I would expect will be ignorant of upfront content. But I have not tested this.

I tested Yoast SEO plugin and is working fine with Upfront theme.

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

Cheers,
    Nastia