Script Error- Upfront Won't Allow Me to Access my Home Page

Hi,

I keep going to edit my home page using upfront, but it stops loading around 39% and then says that there is a script error. I've cleared my cache on my browser, as well as the upfront cache, and I even went to my hosting site and tried to clean "plugin leftovers" in the phpMyAdmin database. I'm not sure what else to do and I just want to edit the homepage! haha I have granted access to the site. Let me know, thank you!

• Dimitris

Hey there Tiffanie,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file and insert next lines just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment line.

define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Then edit your .htaccess file in your server and add the following lines on the very bottom of that file

# https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Maximum_execution_time_exceeded
    php_value max_execution_time 300

Finally, please add a Google Map API key in Upfront -> General -> API KEYS [box] of admin area.

Then clear any caches that might involve to your installation and try to activate UF once more.
    If this continues, please activate some debug information that might further help us.
    Access your server again via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by enabling UF editor.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Tiffanie

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you so much for all the above information. I am slowly going through all the steps you listed.
    I just opened another support ticket, because I feel like sometimes the edits I make and save are getting saved. Or I finish making edits, save, and double check everything and then without making any changes I will go to check the site and the formatting is messed up or the navigation menu isn't showing.

Thank you for your help. I am proceeding with caution haha cause I don't want to mess anything up. This site has been extremely temperamental.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.