Scrollable Menu Not Working Right

I have the Easy Blogging plugin active along with the Scrollable Menu add-on. When you hover over the options on the screen and try to click on the scroll bar it dissapears right away. The only way it would work is if the user has a wheel on their mouse. Any way to fix this?

Also, I want to have the scroll bar show for people with larger screens (i.e. 1920 x 1200). How would I go about fixing this?

• aecnu

Greetings jasonverdelli,

I have the Easy Blogging plugin active along with the Scrollable Menu add-on. When you hover over the options on the screen and try to click on the scroll bar it dissapears right away. The only way it would work is if the user has a wheel on their mouse. Any way to fix this?

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Testing this out in our development environment, I found that indeed you can only use the scrolling menu with a wheel mouse and when trying to mouse the scroll bar - the scroll bar disappears not allowing use of it.

I am going to discuss it with the lead developer - to get a fix sorted for you asap.

Thanks again for bringing this up and of course for being a WPMU Dev member.

We will get back to you asap

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to replicate the issue pretty consistently across browsers, and I'm working on a fix for this behavior. In the meanwhile, I'd like to explain a bit more how and why the menu becomes scrollable and possibly get some more feedback about the second portion of your post (scroll on large screens).

Once you activate the add-on, the menu will be monitored for size. If the menu grows so tall that it doesn't fit into the window nicely, it automatically becomes scrollable. This behavior will happen automatically, on any resolution/window size.

If I understood you correctly (please, correct me if I'm wrong), you'd like that behavior forced no matter the actual menu and widow sizes? If so, that's also doable but the scroll bar will appear as "dead" control when it appears for smaller menus that fit into window nicely.

• Vladislav

Hello,

I agree that scrollable menu should definitely be sensitive to changing window sizes, which is what is happening in the latest plugin release (v3.1.8.1, just released). This release should also fix the original issue from the beginning of the thread.

As for changing the looks of standard scroll bar, I agree that (at least on Windows default) it's a tad too wide. However, it's a standard UI element and, as such, I don't think it should be changed - its appearance can be changed easily enough to personal preference in OS settings.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

I note that Ve said:

I agree that scrollable menu should definitely be sensitive to changing window sizes, which is what is happening in the latest plugin release (v3.1.8.1, just released). This release should also fix the original issue from the beginning of the thread.

How has everyone found that update?

As we haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.