scrunched up divs, customizing, what php files to use, and fixing errors.

Hello.
I have a few questions:

1)So my products and all the forms (shipping, checkout etc) associated with it is all scrunched up together( all the divs). How do I get it to look all uniform and spaced out?
2) How can I add a checkout & view cart button to all product pages under the "add to cart" button. what file do I customize?
3) How and what file do I customize to change the "shipping" names to "delivery" on all forms associated with shipping?
4) what file do I customize to add a "time" cell to the shipping form ( that I actually want to be a delivery form)?
5) Is there a quick way to see the php file associated with each page? If so how?
6) Is there a way to change the template used for the "checkout, products , shipping etc" pages?
7) products are showing up on the footer of my page under "recent news" how do I get that to stop?

Here is the site Im trying to develop.. if it makes it easier.
http://www.cajucatering.com/wordpress

Thanks!

• DavidM

Hi cajucatering and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'll take a look with you on all this inline!

1)So my products and all the forms (shipping, checkout etc) associated with it is all scrunched up together( all the divs). How do I get it to look all uniform and spaced out?

With a cursory view, it looks like you've got "None" selected for the "Store Theme" option in Products > Store Settings > Presentation. Is that correct?

If so, MarketPress is letting your theme take over the styling. If that's not the case, it seems like your theme is overriding MarketPress styling.

As a simple test of that you could try switching to Twenty Eleven theme to see if the MarketPress styling looks as it should by default there.

If your theme is overriding the styles, you'll likely need to override that by either altering your theme's styles or by overriding them with your own styling.

2) How can I add a checkout & view cart button to all product pages under the "add to cart" button. what file do I customize?

That's answered below, regarding the MarketPress template files, likely creating an mp_product.php file from your theme's single.php file and customizing that.

3) How and what file do I customize to change the "shipping" names to "delivery" on all forms associated with shipping?

We can't really advise on changing the core code for the plugin, though that would be one way to achieve this, perhaps by doing a bulk search/replace of that term.

It seems like it would be best done by creating a language file though, as MarketPress is translatable so the terms are available through a customized language file.

4) what file do I customize to add a "time" cell to the shipping form ( that I actually want to be a delivery form)?

This one is more of a custom matter than the others actually. There's not a specific file for that but you'd have to essentially add a function to your theme's functions.php file or create your own plugin for that. There's some discussion in the following thread that can help with this.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-field-in-marketpress-shipping-page

5) Is there a quick way to see the php file associated with each page? If so how?

This is somewhat answered by your question below, though is more related to how WordPress itself works. Each page is displayed using a template file in your theme. It's just a matter of knowing which template file is being used for which page.

Just to mention, the individual product pages are usually done using your theme's single.php file.

6) Is there a way to change the template used for the "checkout, products , shipping etc" pages?

For the most part, yes there is! In the MarketPress folder there's a file at marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt that details the creation of templates in your theme folder that MarketPress will automatically use for specific pages like those.

7) products are showing up on the footer of my page under "recent news" how do I get that to stop?

It seems likely that the widget or other means you're using to display that "recent news" is pulling custom post types as well as regular posts. Have you looked into that?

Cheers,
    David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• cajucatering

No its still open..

I didnt understand most of what he told me..

1)With a cursory view, it looks like you've got "None" selected for the "Store Theme" option in Products > Store Settings > Presentation. Is that correct?
    NO. I dont. I have modern

2)If your theme is overriding the styles, you'll likely need to override that by either altering your theme's styles or by overriding them with your own styling.

---- really? there is no other way to just adjust the style so it moves over a bit?

3) 2) How can I add a checkout & view cart button to all product pages under the "add to cart" button. what file do I customize?

That's answered below, regarding the MarketPress template files, likely creating an mp_product.php file from your theme's single.php file and customizing that.

--------------------------- I dont get this answer...
    4) 7) products are showing up on the footer of my page under "recent news" how do I get that to stop?

It seems likely that the widget or other means you're using to display that "recent news" is pulling custom post types as well as regular posts. Have you looked into that?

------------------- this isnt the problem.. not sure how to fix this..

thanks

• Mason

Hiya,

Some custom CSS is gonna be required in order to get things working perfectly with that theme.

Also, it's possible there are actually some bugs with that particular theme's CSS which is making forms display incorrectly.

For instance, I'd modify style.css line 884 from this:

label {
        float: left;
        padding: 5px 0;
    }

To this:

label {
        float: left;
        padding: 0 5px;
    }

To move your product text over a bit on the listing page I'd recommend the following:
    .mp_product_image_list { margin-right: 12px; }

For product meta on single pages, try this as well:
    .page-template-default div.mp_product_meta { padding-bottom: 10px; }

Other form bits:

table.mp_cart_shipping input, table.mp_cart_shipping select {
        margin: 5px 0;
    }

Just add the styling above wherever you're implementing custom styling and you'll be good to go (you can tweak it further to your liking). That's really the best way to do it.

As for products showing up in your footer's 'recent news', that would need to be modified in either your theme template or widget area to exclude the 'product' post type.

Hope that helps!

• cajucatering

This is great it really helped a lot.. thanks so much.
    Now the only thing I need help with is:

1) adding a "check out button " to the product selection page.
    2) adding custom "time of delivery & location" slot to the shipping form.
    3) changing the name "shipping" to "delivery" on all forms.
    4) putting more space in between item, price and quantity on the shopping cart page.

Thank you so much.

• Mason

Hiya,

Ok, I can't assist too much more as your site makes me entirely too hungry :wink:

Just add the [mp_cart_link] wherever you want the checkout button to display within a product or page.

You can add notes to the order management page by clicking on any order number and a customer can add special instructions for orders that require personalization so one of those should do the trick.

3) changing the name "shipping" to "delivery" on all forms.

You'll need to use the translation features of WordPress to do this. Information can be found here and will allow you to change any default text within MarketPress (or any of our plugins/themes for that matter):
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress
    Don't let the size of that page fool ya. You really just need to download PoEdit. Open the included .po file in marketpress/languages and create your own file with your changes.

4) putting more space in between item, price and quantity on the shopping cart page.

Try this:

table.mp_cart_login td, table.mp_cart_contents td, table.mp_cart_shipping td { padding: 0 30px 0 0; }
    table.mp_cart_login th { padding-top: 40px; }
    #mp_login_submit { margin-top: 20px; }

1) what do I type exactly to exclude the 'product' post type. from my recent news widget.php

I dunno. Recent New isn't a default widget to WordPress - it probably comes with your theme. Maybe try using one of our instead? You can then select the posts only (not products) without needing to code anything:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-global-posts-widget

Thanks!

• cajucatering

Just add the [mp_cart_link] wherever you want the checkout button to display within a product or page.

--Great! whats the link for a check out button?

You can add notes to the order management page by clicking on any order number and a customer can add special instructions for orders that require personalization so one of those should do the trick.

---- Where exactly is this? I cant find it.
    Thanks so much.

• cajucatering

Hello!

-----
    I figured this out.. but .. this isnt going to work. because I need the costumer to put in this info at checkout not after the order was made.

Any tips on adding new boxes for time and Location of delivery? Not sure why this is so hard to find. I can easily customize this in the other wordpress theme I am using by just duplicating text and renaming it to the right thing.. Is this not possible here?

Thanks so much!!

• DavidM

Hi cajucatering,

Currently, it'll require a bit of custom php coding to get custom fields added into the shipping page. In the following thread Aaron provides the relevant bits of MarketPress hooks you can tie into to make that happen, and I've mentioned at the end of the thread that you can basically wrap your custom code in the standard WordPress plugin code to create a plugin for that.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-add-custom-input-fields-to-checkout-page

I'ts a bit complex and outside of our support capabilities here, but that should definitely help if you're looking to do it yourself.

Hope this helps!

-David

• cajucatering

Ok ..

Try this:

table.mp_cart_login td, table.mp_cart_contents td, table.mp_cart_shipping td { padding: 0 30px 0 0; }
    table.mp_cart_login th { padding-top: 40px; }
    #mp_login_submit { margin-top: 20px; }

---
    This worked great..
    However still 2 problems
    1) the remove word and check box is still too close
    2) when multiple items are listed in the cart the "checkout now" button and the "update cart" button start to over lap.

how can I fix this..
    thanks

• cajucatering

Sorry another customizing question:
    In my store there are products that require a minimum order. So basically they have to buy at least "6" of something, but have the option of buying more if they wanted. Is there a way to customize the minimum quantity to the quantity box so that a customer has no choice but to start with the minimum order..

like if the minimum is 6 then it would say "6" under quantity as default and wont allow them to order less.

• cajucatering

It would be great to add the above to "Product Details" on the actual template, that way you can check a box that is called "minimum order" and type in the amount that is default for that selection.

So in my case you have to order a minimum of 6 full size pastries so it will automatically have a "6" as default under quantity and wont allow the customer to go lower but they can go higher.

would this be possible to add?

• Mason

Hiya cajucatering,

That's all doable, but what you're looking for is all customizing. I've tried to provide some help with that thus far, but it's really outside what we can do in the support forums. If you want to find a developer familiar with these products to help with customization though, you can find one through our job boards here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Thanks!

• cajucatering

Hello!
    All of the sudden the "Product categories" drop down from the market press store widget does not work. None of the links go anywhere.

You can check it out here ...
    http://www.cajucatering.com/wordpress/?product_category=29

On the left hand side under "Order from our Bake Shoppe".

Not sure why this is happening. Can you let me know? I have deleted it several times and still nothing.

- Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.