SEARCH and EDIT not working when viewing Funds

2 Major things:

1) We cannot view/extract the the addresses we've collected using the "Fundraising" plugin from the back-end.

When we click to "edit" to see details the address field reads as:

"10537 (Address)" and that's it.

2) We cannot search the "Funds" data at all. Anything I search on leads to: "No Funds found"

even when I know the data is there (because I can see the email address in the preview).

We need to send emails out to our backers immediately.

I'm 99% positive these functions worked in previous trials I did. To help in the debugging process, I tried this:

And I copied all data to another wordpress install and disabled all plugins and used the simple default 2012 theme.

Still didn't work.

I tried the earliest version of the plugin that I had, but that didn't work either.

Attached images;

First image: You can only see the street number, not the whole address.

Second image: Even though there is a “tonethewellknown@gmail.com”, when you search for him the resulting search set is empty.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

1) We cannot view/extract the the addresses we’ve collected using the “Fundraising” plugin from the back-end.

When we click to “edit” to see details the address field reads as:

“10537 (Address)” and that’s it.

For me it’s displaying differently as displayed in the attached screenshot. I have not tested it myself as it’s your live site.

Please advise.

2) We cannot search the “Funds” data at all. Anything I search on leads to: “No Funds found”

even when I know the data is there (because I can see the email address in the preview).

I could confirm this issue on my test site therefore notified the plugin developer about it so that it can be fixed.

And I copied all data to another wordpress install and disabled all plugins and used the simple default 2012 theme.

Still didn’t work.

I tried the earliest version of the plugin that I had, but that didn’t work either.

Would you mind if I logged in to your another WordPress test install site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

– Choose “I have a different question”

– Include my name in the subject “Vinod Dalvi”

– Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better

– Include login information (WordPress admin info username + password )

Kind Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Peter,

Fundraiser plugin saves its data in the “wp_post” table having post_type as ‘funder’ and ‘donation’. It saves its settings infromation in the “wp_options” table having option_name as ‘wdf_settings’.

Could you please also answer the questions that i have asked in my previous reply so that we can get to the bottom of it faster?

Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Peter van Gorder
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Vinod,

Thanks for getting back to me,

The last think you asked me to do was to ask my questions via the Contact form and the “I have a different question” option.

I did that, supplying all login info.

What else should I be answering / doing?

Let me know! I’m here to help rock this! Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sending me the site details.

I saw some pledges addresses are getting logged partially as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Could you please configure the Fundraising plugin in Paypal Sandbox mode in your test site so that i can test it?

I have tested it on my test site using Fundraising plugin in Paypal Sandbox and found the addresses are getting logged successfully as displayed in the second attached screenshot.

Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Peter van Gorder

Vinod,

at your request I just put our dev version (http://clutchmonkey.com/wp3/) in Sandbox mode and put in all the API credentials – and now it goes in a loop like before where after you click “Fund This Project” it asks for your address, and after you put in your address you come back to the same page.

Have you tried this version of the plugin in LIVE mode and found that it does collect addresses? We need this to work in LIVE mode, so can you please test LIVE mode on your end.

Also, you asked for credentials to the site. We’ve given them to you, so we expected that you would do these test as we needed this to be working yesterday.

PLEASE test it in LIVE mode either on your own site or ours as that is the FASTEST test to see if it works at all.

IF it works in live mode on your end, then please try those same live credentials on our test site so you can see why the code doesn’t work in our environment.

Thank you.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @peter van Gorder

It seems that searching additional fields (custom meta fields) is something WP does not support. Plugin is using native WP custom post types and those information are stored in post meta table. So this one is feature request (first time requested)

I will look into address problem now. Sandbox should be equal to live, its possible that PayPal have something broken here.

Thanks,

Maniu

• Peter van Gorder

Search: We’re not asking for a new “front end search” feature or the ability to search the back end with the native WP search.

We’re talking about YOUR search function that’s on the “Funds” page using this link: http://clutchmonkey.com/wp1/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=donation

Your Search function did work in my earlier tests. It would be amazingly useful, and would give me more confidence in your plugin if the features that worked once kept working. But it is also lower in priority that:

1) Getting cards charged automatically

2) Getting the address out of the system

3) Being able to let you guys have access to the backend of both our LIVE set and TEST site at the same time.

Only being able to give you access to one at a time is a HUGE limitation in solving these problems.

Thanks.

• Maniu
    • Developer

I have looked into our emails to find details to your site but it seems they dont work anymore

You can send me admin login details again by sending an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

– Select “I have a different question” from the dropdown

– On the subject enter “Attn: Mariusz Misiek”.

– Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better

– Include a link to your website

– Include your admin credentials (username + password)

Thanks,

Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.