Search and replace not working while staging is pushed to production.

I pushed a staging site to production but URL search and replace does not happen after pushing the site to production.

• Mohmmad Sharab
    • Staff

Hello James,

Hope you are having a great day!

As we can confirm the issue on our test site, I am marking this as a bug and reporting to the developer. Hopefully, very soon the issue will be resolved and we will update you once any update comes up.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi James ,

I've made some extensive testing on this as our staging environments when syncing/pushing to production are utilizing WP-CLI search-replace functionalities.

This issue is coming from wp-cli itself as sometimes it skips some serialized arrays not updating them fully. This happens for other plugins as well but at this instance it was noticed for Smartcrawl. Even running manually a "wp search-replace oldmain newdomain" didn't produce any changes so that points to wp-cli itself not being able to process those changes ( for any reason that is unknown to me ).

Unfortunately since this isn't originating from Smartcrawl we can't do much to help out here on this instance as the people behind WP-CLI should fix this on that end :slight_smile: .

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.