Search bar and more

Hi,

I'm trying to use the bp corporate child theme on a site: http://www.educlassics.com/

1. The search bar is messed up at the top and firebug isn't helping me figure things out :slight_frown:

2. The site looks terrible in the footer when viewed by an iPad.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi LPH,

You've got a menu in the upper right area of the header, whereas the theme doesn't provide for that itself. Have you made customizations? And have you added any styles or altered the existing styles surrounding the search bar or any form elements?

I don't have an iPad so I can't really see how the footer looks through that but just to check, does the footer exhibit the same issue when using the parent theme?

-David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

• LPH
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry to be snarky but there wasn't an answer to my questions and a visit to the site would see that the issues aren't fixed. I simply became busy with other issues not working.

I'd love to know how to get the search bar issue fixed as well as getting the themes from this site working on an iPhone and iPad.

• Anthony
    • The Incredible Code Injector
    form#search-form {width:485px!important;}
    label.accessibly-hidden {float:left; line-height:25px; padding:0 5px 0 5px;}
    input#search-submit {margin-top:2px;}
    /*use this !important, if you're sure and want to override all other styles pertaining to this style */

Add that to your css file and that should fix the the alignment issue. I'm guessing that's what you were going for but not entirely sure since you modified your layout. When you added that text, it created more pixel spacing that your default *base.css* didn't accommodate for.

As far as terrible in your ipad, can you post a screenshot if possible?

I tried using http://ipadpeek.com/ to see if I can see what you saw and found nothing wrong w/ the footer area. What in detail are you recognizing that the footer is bad when viewing on the ipad?

• Anthony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@phil,

I can't wait to see what ya'll come up with in for the responsive themes, I've started to diving into making my own theme responsive as well and let me tell ya, it's like running backwards! not impossible but, just awkward to do and requires mobile fore-thought in development.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.