search bar in marketpress

Hi.

I have made a multisite network with marketpress. The search bar on the right dosent work. Why is that. Does it not work in multisite?

Best.

Tim

• Tim
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Tom

Thanks for your respons.
    "Global Site search" and "Post indexer" does it index all the products in the multisite network in marketpress?

A second quistion: If the search bar in marketpress dosent work in multisite, why is it in the theme? It seems a little bit odd that it apears but dont work.

Best.

Tim

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Tim,

"Global Site search" and "Post indexer" does it index all the products in the multisite network in marketpress?

Yes it does index the custom post types.

A second quistion: If the search bar in marketpress dosent work in multisite, why is it in the theme? It seems a little bit odd that it apears but dont work.

I have marked this to the attention of our lead developer Jeffri that the search feature of the GridMarket theme is not working.

Cheers, PC

• Jeffri
    • Front End Developer

Hi Alkamus,

The search bar was only for searching blog posts on the main site, just like the default WordPress search bar... until now. We just released version 1.5 and this add a new local and global product search bar features. :slight_smile:

To use the new search feature, just go to the Theme Options, a new option to select search bar will be there, select the one you need and save. You can set it to search globally (all network products) or just local products on the main site. There's also BuddyPress search bar available if you have BuddyPress installed and prefer to have that.

Please update and let me know how it goes. Make sure to update the GridMarket child theme as well.

Thank you.

Jeffri

• Jeffri
    • Front End Developer

Hi there Alkamus,

I see that the child GridMarket version you used is still 1.4.9.4. You need to update that as well, simply by copying from /wp-content/themes/framemarket/themes/gridmarket to /wp-content/themes/gridmarket, and you'll have the updated GridMarket. Also make sure to select "Global Product" on search bar setting under Theme Options.

Thank you.

Jeffri

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alkamus,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.