Search by Zipcode Radius and Membership Plugin Integration Questions

So my question is in 2 parts, the first one being related to another plugin.

1.) Is is possible to integrate WPMUDev plugin “Membership” into the “Directory” plugin to show the premium members or paying members on top and highlighted as such?

For instance, if I have a business that is listed on my site and wants to be listed at the top, can I set them up with a monthly fee to give them that listing status?

2.) Has anyone, or is anyone interested in having a Zipcode radius filter setup for the listings on the directory plugin? I think it would be great to be able to sort them by closest proximity to yourself. The public zip code listings are out there, so its completely possible!

Thanks so much. I’m a proud member and HUGE fan of the community and team at WPMU Dev and wish I could get a penny for every time I pitch it to another designer or developer. Its great stuff!

Cheers,

Tom

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey Tom!

So glad you are enjoying yourself here!

Your Membership and Directory integration request is a great idea but I don’t think it will be in any immediate upgrades. We recently gave Directory and overhaul, and we are planning to add some integration in the future, however I don’t have a timeline.

What I can say is that we are looking to add some sort of Sticky Listing feature that will probably help you out with what you are trying to achieve.

As for the Zipcode search, we have had one user work out something. I’ve not had the change to dig into it myself but you can check out the evolution of the project and a link to his final post which resulted in a whole new plugin :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/zip-code-distance

You should definitely check out our affiliate program! It’s awesome and you can access it from your personal profile page here on WPMUDEV.

Just visit this link, and check out the Affiliate Referrals button on the right

https://premium.wpmudev.org/profile/private/

Best,

Kimberly

• TomMDesign
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This is great!

Thank you so much Kimberly.

I’m going to try to use his final plugin to make this work.

The only issue I am going to run into is showing the paid directory listings as “Payed” or “premium” instead of just normal ones within the results.

If you have any ideas please let me know!

Cheers,

Tom

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey Tom!

I’ve been asking around and it seems we don’t have any requests in for a simple sticky listing. Someone did ask about some bigger capabilities, like tiers and pics and stuff, but that would take a bit longer than a simple sticky.

Let me move this to a feature request to see if I can get the developer to comment on it!

Arnold: What are the chances of creating Sticky Listings? That said we would need another payment box, for Sicky Listing Price as well, would that be something we can add in short term?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Sticky for Custom post types isn’t supported by WordPress. See:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12702

Would have to work up some other mechanism, probably a custom field and change the query to sort on it. One way to handle it would be change the post date and it automatically sorts on that. but then that messes up other things like expiration.

However hooking it into payment and multiple levels of payment are a complication for a lot of reasons and will be a while before that could be done.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.