Search client feature not returning any results

Hi !
When I type a client name in the search client bar on the top right of the main back-end Appointment+ page, it never returns any results. Any ideas ?

Thanks !

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Francoise,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

This has actually been resolved in a version that is pending release right now :slight_smile:

It should be pushed out soon. You can grab it early here if you like: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/my-search-client-feature-in-a-is-no-longer-working#post-720921

Just download that file, deactivate and delete your current version then upload that version.

Hope that helps Francoise!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Always happy to help :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Françoise
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

HELP !!

I go this error message: The Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin was unable to handle requests for this upgrade. Unfortunately, this setup may be incompatible with the plugin.

And now all of my Appointments are gone !

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, @Françoise!

A beta version of the plugin may not work with your plugin manager, which may have caused the issue.

Is the previous version of Appointments still installed? If not, try grabbing a fresh version from the WPMU Dash, or from the plugin page.

Your appointments should all be saved in your database, so we should be able to get them back.

If reinstalling the plugin (from the plugin page, not the one Tyler linked you to.) doesn't work, would you mind letting us have a look under the hood? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Francoise,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

I just tested this out on my own install and I think I see what you mean. I searched "Tyler" but a client named "Corey" randomly came up too. Is that the sort of thing that you are seeing too? Let us know :slight_smile: any further details will help the dev pin point the issue - I will flag this now as I have confirmed there is an issue.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Francoise,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your patience here :slight_smile:

What is the bug? What sort of conflicts are you seeing?

With some more info I'll try to replicate it on my own install and then report it to the dev for you if it is indeed a bug.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Françoise

Hi Tyler,

There are two sections in my theme that stopped working. The first one is my client section that have logos that are placed in what they call a carousel (black strip at the moment) and the other is the Testimonial section that rotates quotes (section that says "Notre impact") http://www.samsante.org

I think this has something to do with the update, because in a effort to pinpoint the problem I have deactivated all of the plugins, and reactivated them one by one. The theme did stop working after reactivating Appointment+

I am using Brooklyn theme by United theme,
    Thanks,
    F.

• Françoise

Hi Tyler,

So I've installed the lastest update. It does solve the broken sections of my theme whew:slight_smile: But in regards to the search function, although it is know working better, it still returns at time odd results like it did before.

Thanks !
    F.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Francoise,

Would you be able to grant support access as well and give us an example of a search that gives you weird results? That may help us track down the problem :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Françoise

Hi Tyler,

I've granted access. If you type "Golf" in the search bar, our first client on the appointment page, it will return the correct answer. But if you type Henri our second client on the page, it will return some good answers but not all of them...
    Thanks,

F.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Francoise,

Thanks for granting access. I just searched "Henri" and it found 2 results, both with "henri" in the name. Perhaps the appointment is gone now? Is there any other search examples I can do? Once I see one then I can ask one of our developers and see what it came up.

Sorry for the delay here. Talk to you soon!

• Françoise

Hi Tyler,

The bug is still there. If you type antoine with is in appointment ID 742, nothing is returned

Also, how can Appointment+ order the providers and clients in alphabetical order when creating a new appointment ? I have quite a few of both and it takes me lots time to find them each time.

I've granted support again.

Thanks,
    F.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Françoise

I tried to regenerate the error in my local test environment and I could not regenerate the issue. Can you please tell me the steps so that I can regenerate the steps? I can help you fix it as soon as I can see the error in action.

Can you try disabling all other plugins to make sure it's not being caused by any other plugin? You can get more idea about plugin conflict test from this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

As requested before, Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? If you allow us Support Access, we can test on your site and fix it faster.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Francoise,

I finally see the reason you aren't seeing some clients show up. It's because the client search searches through the Appointments name and email field. Many of your users don't have the name field filled in, so it's not finding the name you are entering in.

I've filled in the "name" field for the antoine appointment and you will see now that it comes up as expected.

I'll make expanding the search fields in Appoinments+ a feature request so the developer can consider it for a future update.

When I create a new appointment with a registered user their info like address, email and telephone remain blank even when I save them

Has the Appointments+ fields in their profile been filled in? As long as those fields have been filled in then once you create the appointment and save, then re-load the active appointments and open up the appointment again you should see that it's filled in the info from their Appointments+ profile.

Let us know if you have further questions on this.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Françoise

Hi Tyler, many thanks for helping me with this !!

A last question:
    How can Appointment+ order the providers and clients in alphabetical order in the drop down menu ? I have quite a few of both and it takes me lots time to find them each time.

Thanks !!!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Françoise

For listing the providers in alphabetical order, please use the following shortcode. It has an additional "order_by" parameter.
    [app_service_providers order_by="name"]

Use the following for reverse:
    [app_service_providers order_by="name DESC"]

Please have a look on "Dashboard > Appointments > Shortcode" section for more details.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Françoise

Hi Rupok,
    This is not what I meant. When I create a new appointment using the ADD NEW button, the drop down menu one the line marked USER is not in alphabetical order. The same with the one on the line marked PROVIDER.

Thanks for your help !
    Françoise

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.