Search Form

Hi,

in my customized BP-Color theme I found that when the main nav is too close to the search bar, when the user click on the search form it is not possible to start typing in it. It seems there is some intersection between the main nav and the search form (please, see the attached picture). However I need be able to type some text while they are very close. Please, could you help me?
Thanks,

Andrea

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi andmog. Hope you are well! :slight_smile:

I'm sure you said before that currently your developing your site on a local host so you can't provide a link. Is this still true?

Providing a link would allow us to better see the issue and offer any potential advice. Screenshots are great, but sometimes the real thing is easier to work with as I'm sure you can appreciate.

If we can't see the site still then I suppose the first questions are:

Has it ever worked, if so whats changed since? Are the form tags and any other relevant HTML applied?

Take care.

• andmog
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Tim,

I am fine thanks! :slight_smile:
    Yes, I am developing on a local host.
    In order to work I modified the stylesheet as follows:

#navigation {
    text-align: center;
    width: 30%;
    position: relative;
    left: 35%;
    }

By changing the width of the navigation menu, there is no interference with the search form. And it works as I needed.

However, coming back to the original issue, it seems that the main navigation menu has a focus area which conflicts with the search form. Is it possible to force an element to lie on another, like on a layer? In this way the focus of the search box can have a higher priority over the one of the main navigation menu.

Thanks,

Andrea

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.