Search, Post, Submit button no hover change/delay

I have some behavior on my site that is troublesome to my users. The "Post Update" "Search" and other buttons do not have a hover color change, nor do they change the cursor type to indicate that the button is "alive."
This, combined with a rather lengthy (sometimes two to three second) delay before the next page is loaded, causes many double posts as users click it twice or three times.

I see the css is in the forms.css file under the type of "submit." Where do I modify those buttons to give them a hover color change?

How can I get rid of the delay?

The same thing happens on this site with your "Search The Forums >>" button, although the delay is absent.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

This, combined with a rather lengthy (sometimes two to three second) delay before the next page is loaded, causes many double posts as users click it twice or three times.

Are you sure the delay is in the theme and not an issue with server load times?

• pa30twin
    • New Recruit

I have a Virtual Dedicated Server from my hosting site and the loads are not high at all. We just launched the site and we only have about 50 users. It is a standard bp (1.2.8) and wp (3.1.1) install. I'm researching performance enhancement issues, but hardly think that is the problem with the server type I have and user count.

It would help if I could code a hover/mouse over change (not sure at all why those buttons differ from all the rest) and maybe a busy icon like you see on WP when you are updating a widget.

Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Not sure about the delay, but you should be able to add/edit CSS styles the way you would for any theme.

Just look at the values you want to change and look for a:hover or elmentname:hover or classname:hover and style accordingly.

I'd also recommend using a child theme so that your styles stay in place during any theme update.

More about child themes here: http://buddydress.com/2010/05/parent-and-child-themes-explored/

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.