search results permalinks

Hello

I'm using a childtheme of gridmarket with marketpress. From my main site, I need to be able to search across the network of sites to return product results. I tried your global search plugin, but it didn't work - I believe b/c of marketpress' custom post type.

So I decided to sort of fake a global search - I installed WordPress MU Sitewide Tags Pages to aggregate all products(a new site was created which is where the aggregated products are).

I modified searchform.php on my main site to search the new site created by thesitewide tags plugin (I changed the action attribute in searchform.php to get_site_url( 'new blog ID' '/') instead of home_url('/').

This turns up the search results as expected, but the permalinks in the search results reflect the new site w/aggregated content, not the site the product originated from.

The plugin author suggested that I change the theme of the new site which aggregates the products to TwentyEleven or TwentyTen, but that didn't work.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!
Andy

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

I'm using a childtheme of gridmarket with marketpress. From my main site, I need to be able to search across the network of sites to return product results. I tried your global search plugin, but it didn't work - I believe b/c of marketpress' custom post type.

Global search results plugin works for me. It is a widget plugin that appears on your theme's sidebar. The search at the top right of gridmarket is for site search only so it is misleading. You might need to install post indexer too and I think there was a catch that only posts published after the plugin was installed would show up on search results. Also, global search doesn't search titles (I think?) categories and tags so make sure that you are keyword searching content in the message body.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings zeroplusone and Atlanta,

@zeroplusone thank you for letting us know, it is appreciated.

@Atlanta thank you for helping this member find their way back onto the path, some rep points sent you way.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.