Search Returns No Results

The search feature does not appear to be working. A search for 'swimming goggles' returns no results when nearly all of the products have been tagged with this keyphrase.

http://www.swimlovers.com/?s=swimming+goggles

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello digital.dimages

Are you using the Global Site Search plugin? If you are then you need to ensure that you have the Post Indexer Installed. Also note that it won't index anything pre-install.

Wordpress search is just plain lousy :slight_frown:

Have you checked out the Marketpress tag shorcodes? They may help as well :slight_smile: Especially with a niche store!

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• digital.dimages
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you for the information. I installed post indexer and the global site search plugins. I have a couple of questions.

1. Do I have to re-post all of the products in order for them to be indexed, or is there a way to tell post indexer they are there?

2. After installing the plugins, I get the following error when I try to manage any of the pages or posts:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blog_status() in /home/swimlvrs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/post-indexer/post-indexer.php on line 225

Additionally, the menu bar at the top of the admin area has disappeared.

I have the following plugins installed:
    All in One SEO Pack
    Global Site Search
    MarketPress
    Portfolio Slideshow
    Post Indexer
    TinyMCE Advanced
    Visual Form Builder
    WordPress Backup to Dropbox
    WPMU DEV Update Notifications

I disabled all but the following, and the error continues:
    Global Site Search
    MarketPress
    Post Indexer
    WPMU DEV Update Notifications

Any suggestions?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.