Searching Events by Location

Is it possible to search events by location? Distance from etc.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Currently all searches are done through the default WordPress search. So its not done specifically by location.

Events for us is still a new plugin and is under constant development.

I think this would be a real handy feature though, so lets discuss how you would envisage this working and then we can see how many other members want this and if its popular ask our developer to look into getting it sorted.

Search

+ By Location (Locations already entered perviously)

+ Distance From ZIP/Post Code

+ Search by friends attending? (Friends in BP?)

Anything which would be good here?

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I truly think this could take the plugin to new levels, it is a relatively simply feature in how it works for the end user but offers great power in promoting events and selling tickets.

So with that in mind I have sent this over to Ve for consideration who is our amazing developer of this plugin. :slight_smile:

Take care

• fitoussi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Nathardwick,

this is a new plugin i developed that might be helpful for you. using this plugin you can add an address fields to any post type and when saving a post the address will be converted to lat/long and will be saved in database. then you can create a search form for any post type and users will be able to search your site by address (city , zipcode or full address) within a given radius.

• fitoussi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Nathardwick,

this is a new plugin i developed that might be helpful for you. using this plugin you can add an address fields to any post type and when saving a post the address will be converted to lat/long and will be saved in database. then you can create a search form for any post type and users will be able to search your site by address (city , zipcode or full address) within a given radius.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.