Searching the entire web, not my site

I’ve selected to only search my site in Google, but when I test it out, it is searching the entire web.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

http://www.indie-film.tv

Thanks.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

I think this plugin was written by someone they let go for coding issues (hence bugs), but that doesn’t explain no results using the base CSE code.

So it bugged me and I looked around…it seems the answer may be simply that unless your site is indexed already in Google you won’t get results. So if you Google “mydomain.com” and no results, then you won’t see anything. This makes sense since my test site is technically “hidden”…not sure about yours.

Anyway….I found this lengthy tutorial if you feel like diving in further with custom pages and more….

http://www.netmagazine.com/tutorials/implement-google-custom-search-wordpress

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Ah, good old .net magazine. Back when it first came out, it was the only magazine I actually read. I bought most of them, but only for the front cover disc.

Thanks, I’ll take a look at that.

I think you could be right about it only showing what has already been indexed, as I only got this domain yesterday (and surprised that it was actually available at just the right time).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

Thank you for your input here to each other and I see you folks appeared to be having some fun.

@rob I think this plugin was written by someone they let go for coding issues

This is true that the original developer is no longer with WPMU Dev.

Thank you all for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

• ivn
    • The Crimson Coder

I cannot get this plugin to work on my site either. I just lists search results from the entire web, not just my site.

Is this plugin going to be fixed by a WPMUDEV developer? I’d love to use this on my site ASAP. I agree with gunner, if not it should be removed.

Thanks in advanced.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings gunn4r and @ivn,

@gunn4r that was so folks would keep creating tickets and asking the question If this plugin is essentially broken, why is it still listed for download?

Just kidding …. lol

The truth be known when I last seen this ticket two months ago the answer would have been because there was no lead developer assigned to the project though many were indeed being interviewed at the time. So we could not assign it to a developer that did not exist at that time and removing it completely would have insured that it drop off the radar including this associated ticket.

Since that time WPMU Dev had added several new developers and this plugin has been assigned to Cole as I can now see and if it is indeed broken we can now get a lead developer on it.

Therefore since nobody has gone through the motions of troubleshooting this from the ground up in the past, probably due to even if the issue is found in the code we could not get it fixed because we did not have a coder to upload it ….

Now that this is back in front of us which I thank you folks for doing so, lets follow protocol and open your own ticket for this issue copying and pasting any relevant information from this ticket to the new one, and lets see if we can get Cole hot on a repair.

Therefore I am closing this ticket in lieu of new tickets that are not a mile long and addressed at troubleshooting with Cole involved if necessary.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing this ticket forward again so we can properly address this issue with the newly assigned lead developer.

Thank you all for being WPMU Dev Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.