Search/Member Form

Hi,

if I activate BuddyPress plug-in, I got this strange behavior in the Search/Members form. Please, find attached a picture.
Thanks,

Andrea

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Andrea,

The styling I mentioned in your previous thread wasn't taking BuddyPress use into account so I imagine you'd need to adjust it for BuddyPress. That's assuming you've made that change, which I assume you did because by default it wouldn't display that way.

We'd really need a live link in cases like these, as we'd need to make adjustments using Chrome or Firefox. If you could provide that I'm sure we can get that sorted for ya.

Barring that, you could have a look at the styling using Firebug for Firefox or Chrome. There's an incredible tutorial on this at the following article over at the wpmu.org blog.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/customizing-your-wordpress-theme-using-firebug/

-David

• andmog
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David,

I tried to add the following code in 'child-style.css' since I used a child theme.

#search-submit {
    margin-left: 6px;
    }

However the result does not change. I checked with the Safari Inspector and for the 'margin-left' I got what you can see in the picture.
    Thanks,

Andrea

• andmog
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David,

the problem is with base.css.
    Please consider the following snippet:

#searchbox input, #searchbox select {
    float: left;
    margin-left: 6px !important;
    }

#search-submit {
    margin-left: 36px;
    }

The first margin-left is in base.css. The second in child-style.css.

Although I tried to override margin-left in child-style.css, it does not work. It is not possible to change the margin of the search button.
    I do not know what '! important' stands for in base.css.

Thanks,

Andrea

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Andrea,

!important means that the setting should never be overwritten by other styles. If you can provide a link we can take a look with ya. Otherwise, hoping this is already sorted and marking it resolved. Feel free to re-open if you need anything further.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.