Seasonal business removing calendar months from plugin?

Hi all. Here is the page I am using appointments+.

The business will only be taking reservations during the warmer months (May-September), is it possible to remove the other calendar months so that customers don't need to scroll through when making a reservation? When looking for a solution I noticed that under the admin settings there is an "Exceptions" section where you can fill in "Non working days"... but as far as I can tell, this option only allows you to add individual days... going that route would obviously be very tedious/time consuming when applying the 5 months that the business is "non-working"!

I tried playing around with the plugin code (backing it up via notepad first) but altering this section didn't seem to do any good:

$months = array( 'January'=>'01','February'=>'02','March'=>'03','April'=>'04','May'=>'05','June'=>'06',
						'July'=>'07','August'=>'08','September'=>'09','October'=>'10','November'=>'11','December'=>'12' );

Any tips? Thanks

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

As I told you on the other thread Appointments+ is not a general reservation plugin. It is intended for people serving people for an ongoing business (365 days a year), with some minor exceptions only. In fact Bookings+ plugin, which is under development, will fit to your needs better.

On the other hand, in your case these may help:

1) Setting several months as not working is not so difficult. Just use app_is_holiday filter. Like this:

function set_several_months_as_holiday( $is_holiday, $ccs, $cce, $service, $worker ) {
    $month = date( 'n', $ccs );
    // We only work at months 5-9
    if ( $month < 5 || $month >9 )
    return true;
    return $is_holiday;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_is_holiday', 'set_several_months_as_holiday', 10, 5 );

Add these codes in functions.php of your current theme.

2) For starting the calendar at a certain month you can have a look at this thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/show-appointment-for-a-specific-week

Cheers,
    Hakan

• ryan_o__connor
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Hakan,

Yes, I am aware this is not a general reservation plugin - however, it suits my needs for reservations with mostly minor issues. So until Bookings+ becomes available, I will need to make due.

Regarding my issue, #1 effectively eliminated the months where we will not be open. I simply copied your code into a child theme for my functions.php file. Thank you for the code!

Regarding starting the calendar at a specific month, I believe I am going to hold off on doing this (now that I've gotten the calendar to only become available for bookings during the open months, it's less of a problem) - leaving it untouched will also eliminate the need to update the code during every single month that the business is open.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.